Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I can’t find the View from the outside thread.

Is this fair?

4UbWpEh.png

I doubt he’s been to many games if we are the worst team he’s seen. We were not great but certainly not terrible. They were similar to be honest. It was a good advert for league 1 football 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening boys and girls. It's that rarest of posts - a Hants comment on a match he's actually been to. 

Lots of fun I must say. Reading looked as though they were playing half the ball boys in their side they were so tiddly. 

We are big, generally slow with some notable exceptions but we are not imposing ourselves. 

A goal up after 5 mins and we ultimately finish the game with 28% possession. Now I know we've debated the worth of that stat but if you have so little of the ball then how are you going to manage the game?

I was watching very carefully to see what was going on. Reading doubled up on both our full backs who were generally left isolated and often forced into inaccurate passes. If the wingers aren't going to drop back to help a cb needs to come over with a cdm dropping in to cover.

Talking of our 2 cdms. There really isn't a lot of d in either of them. We weren't able to win the ball back cleanly very often at all so didn't develop any real moves. 

2nd half we pressed higher and played well for 20-25 mins. But that's at the expense of knackering our front 4 out. Palmer weimann jerome and lawrence all looked like they were running in divers boots late on.

Garys options seem quite limited. Our players perhaps not very versatile. We aren't I fear likely to go up on this form. 

I thought with that ref there was always a possibility that bairds challenge would get him a red. He'd already stopped the game a few times to dish out warnings so he was always looking to make a name for himself. 

I liked some of the reading pass and move through midfield. Made us look quite ponderous in comparison. They lack a couple of decent cbs which means that they are always likely to concede. 

Jerome impressed me. Ran a long way to chase a pass down the left in 2nd half and had a decent shot well saved by mannone as well as hitting the bar.

Decent day out I thought. Some of our supporters obviously disagreed judging by some of the comments :thumbsup:

After some reflection, I don't think we were that bad today. I think we're collectively coming to the conclusion that we're more like the team we thought we were at the start of the season, vs the team the table suggested we were a few weeks ago.

Our results have set too high of a bar of us and I don't see us being a solid top 2 team without some major investment. 

Good points Kasey Palmer looked good although over did it a few times. Our goals were well taken and good to get 3 away from home.

Bad bits were defencive mistakes let us down. Baird didn't have a great game. In fact both full backs had bad games and I will be expecting Forsyth to return. The knobs stood behind me made me feel embarrassed to be a Derby fan.

26 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Yes still to many Mclaren players to get rid of 

Get rid of them all and burn any evidence that we were ever a entertaining, creative attacking force. Brute workmanship and watching the team defend for 90% of games is what we all really want to see.

16 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Good points Kasey Palmer looked good although over did it a few times. Our goals were well taken and good to get 3 away from home.

Bad bits were defencive mistakes let us down. Baird didn't have a great game. In fact both full backs had bad games and I will be expecting Forsyth to return. The knobs stood behind me made me feel embarrassed to be a Derby fan.

"IN EVERRWY BWATTLE A TIME COMES WHEN BOTH SIDE CONSIDERW THEMSELVES BEATEN - THEN HE WHO CONTINUES THE ATTACK WINS!"

Ulysees S. grant

You must go back to beginning & consider your expectations dwerby rwams!

Just now, taff said:

"IN EVERRWY BWATTLE A TIME COMES WHEN BOTH SIDE CONSIDERW THEMSELVES BEATEN - THEN HE WHO CONTINUES THE ATTACK WINS!"

Ulysees S. grant

You must go back to beginning & consider your expectations dwerby rwams!

You got an extra W on your keyboard 

Archived