Was Anya offside?

Derbados

5 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Think the decision evened out in this one game, they definitely should have had a penalty for the kick to the head.....

You are now allowed to kick an opponent in the head provided that its not a clear goalscoring opportunity.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our luck and good fortune has gone last 2 games taken from under our noses because of refs, I really hope this isn't us bottling it again I really hope we bring in a couple of players today before the transfer deadline, villa are really putting the pressure on us now!

3 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

our luck and good fortune has gone last 2 games taken from under our noses because of refs, I really hope this isn't us bottling it again I really hope we bring in a couple of players today before the transfer deadline, villa are really putting the pressure on us now!

If we are not winning because of refs, how can it be down to us bottling it?

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

eh?

have you just woken up from 1973 and this was your first game?  Not that good but awful?

It was a drap game with little in it, yes we had most of the possession - but looked far from atop 2 side last night.

we need to improve if we are going to beat Brentford  because Villa have Burton at Home- really dont want to find ourselves out of the top 2 to Villa when we were 6 pts ahead of them two games back.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

It was a drap game with little in it, yes we had most of the possession - but looked far from atop 2 side last night.

we need to improve if we are going to beat Brentford  because Villa have Burton at Home- really dont want to find ourselves out of the top 2 to Villa when we were 6 pts ahead of them two games back.

so a little bit better than awful?:)

10 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

Millwall should have had a penalty when Huddlestone karate kicked Gregory's head, so balances out I guess. 

I'm not one to overly complain about the quality of officiating, but not stopping play for a gashed head that had very obviously just been kicked was inexcusable.

1 hour ago, Derbylad92 said:

that because it' normally how it starts then we go down hill because it stops going out way 

Really? Do you have some stats to prove that previous season declines have started with some close decisions not going our way? Also, wasn't at the game but it sounds like our luck hasn't completely deserted us if they should have had a penalty. 

The "goal" last night looks like a very close call that could have gone either way. Even for the "penalty" against Bristol I have sympathy with the ref. It's clear with a slow motion replay from a good angle that Jerome was clipped but not easy to see during the heat of battle. Sadly, when a player goes down like he did, unless it's clear, the first thing the ref has to decide is, was he fouled or did he dive? 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Really? Do you have some stats to prove that previous season declines have started with some close decisions not going our way? Also, wasn't at the game but it sounds like our luck hasn't completely deserted us if they should have had a penalty. 

The "goal" last night looks like a very close call that could have gone either way. Even for the "penalty" against Bristol I have sympathy with the ref. It's clear with a slow motion replay from a good angle that Jerome was clipped but not easy to see during the heat of battle. Sadly, when a player goes down like he did, unless it's clear, the first thing the ref has to decide is, was he fouled or did he dive? 

don't get the peno comment, the ref was in a perfect position and the defender's actions after the impact was clear enough even if he had his doubts.  amazing how the same incident can look so different to each person

Just now, Spanish said:

don't get the peno comment, the ref was in a perfect position and the defender's actions after the impact was clear enough even if he had his doubts.  amazing how the same incident can look so different to each person

except Twatwell against florist of course

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm not one to overly complain about the quality of officiating, but not stopping play for a gashed head that had very obviously just been kicked was inexcusable.

Standard of officiating gets worse and worse at this level sadly, the fa need to do something about it, whether that’s improving the training of them I don’t know- but too many Blantant decisions are misssd as things are going.

1 hour ago, Hucknall Ram said:

What makes it harder to judge for the linesman, the Millwall defender is leaning away from the goal while naturally Ayna is learning and moving towards the goal. from that maybe offide, maybe level.

A VARginal decision.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

That’s shocking work by BBC Radio Derby. 

To be fair to them, I just think they get nervous every time they come to Bermondsey now! 

*Silly joke. In no way do I condone GBH on vans or any other mindless violence. 

Not sure even with VAR it would have been allowed, has to be evidence of a clear error and don't think in the quick instance they have to judge they would have done that, played at normal speed it looks off, only when looking at stills do you see he is on.

Don't think it was a peno either to Millwall....clearly a case of him headbutting hudds foot, should have been a straight red :ph34r:

Archived