Was Anya offside?

Derbados

10 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

I agree with this. Just back from game and it was a sickener. Huge celebration for goal and someone had even gone to the effort of ticker tape, well, bits of cut up newspaper, that fluttered down sadly as the goal was disallowed. I feel that offside should be for 'goal hanging' ie obvious decisions. Not someone leaning that way or this. Anya's pace did the linesman as well as the defender.

On a positive note, I got to meet my hero @B4ev6is and his dad and had a good chat. Great to meet you both!

Nice to meet you too

I am gutted about last night that goal should have stood.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ttkk said:

To be fair to them, I just think they get nervous every time they come to Bermondsey now! 

*Silly joke. In no way do I condone GBH on vans or any other mindless violence. 

Don’t know about that @ttkk sometimes I want to rattle the commentary team on BBC Radio Derby ?‍♂️?‍♂️??

I don't think the standard of officiating is getting worse at all. I think it's always been at this level. The difference is every decision nowadays is scrutinised by fans and pundits alike. 

It's become a culture in English football to talk about refs. 15-20 years ago nobody knew their names, nowadays you have 'ref watch' articles all over the place and they've become a part of the circus.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't think the standard of officiating is getting worse at all. I think it's always been at this level. The difference is every decision nowadays is scrutinised by fans and pundits alike. 

It's become a culture in English football to talk about refs. 15-20 years ago nobody knew their names, nowadays you have 'ref watch' articles all over the place and they've become a part of the circus.

absolutely right ,some decisions go for you some against,you just have to get on with it as I don't think VAR is going to provide all the answers.

Here we go: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/01/millwall-0-0-derby-county-match-highlights (from the official DCFC site)

From that, it looks more like Anya was offside - both the still photos posted earlier in this thread don't show the release of the ball, but by the time the pass is made, Anya does look off. Brilliant goal, though, wasn't it?

On to the refereeing performance - I noticed there were a lot of very heavy challenges going in on our players, with Vydra being specially selected for bruise administration. And quite a few of the "clatters" were just after the ball had gone, timed to look like a genuine challenge. The block on Anya late on in the game should have been a booking, and how he ignored a kick to the head right in front of him on Lawrence, I have no idea - unless he mistook it for a penalty, of course!

Here's hoping that the non-goal sets Anya on his way.

16 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

our luck and good fortune has gone last 2 games taken from under our noses because of refs, I really hope this isn't us bottling it again I really hope we bring in a couple of players today before the transfer deadline, villa are really putting the pressure on us now!

We never have any luck with refs calls. I know a lot of you bloggers will say it will even its self out over the season. I have a work mate who is an Arsenal fan and a football nut. He spends a lot of his time off work watching lots of football. He goes away for weekends away all over UK and ends up attending matches all over, whether it be top football or even lower league. In his own words, he stated every time he as watched Derby on the telly they never get the lions share of refs decisions. We had a stone wall penalty not given against Sunderland the first game of the season. We could be (with better luck from refs calls) 7 points clear of Villa and 5 points behind Wolves. No, i will agree it evens its self out over the season. The only good luck we have had so far this season, is not loads of injuries to key players.

Archived