What level have forum members played at?

Carl Sagan

10 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Started officiating at 14, obviously kids Sunday leagues to start with.

Worked my way up the ladder Class 1 (as it was back then) by 17. One of youngest refs in Uk to make that.

Officated on FA premier Youth League games in 90s. FA Women’s Premier League (When Ilson had a team).

Loads of cup finals at Moorways. Also on Midland Regional Alliance as a senior referee by 19. Derbyshire cup games.

Pinnacle was running line twice on FA Cup Prelimanary Round to a football league official.... 

Would of made it if I could have committed to being available every day. Unfortunately had a choice between that and a career at the Japanese Party Palace, and they weren’t that keen on me taking time off. The biggest regret of my life having to stop at 23

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alfreton Sunday league....we formed a team from the Alfreton supporters bus that went to every game in about 1990 ish....and we were incredibly bad....our only claim to fame was that after getting beat 23-0 by Wooley Moor Sports the Derbyshirt Times ran the headline "Goals galore for Wooley Moor" and we cut it out and plastered it all over the bus on the next away trip.

Went on to play at a decent enough standard in Germany, Switzerland, France and currently playing 3 times a week still at 45 years of age in the USA.

Highlight of my glittering career was winning a championship in France, undefeated, the only player who played every single second of every single game and I was the oldest player by 15 years.....Also got to play in the French version of the FA Cup a few times.

Played for the County, captained them on a couple of occassions.

Trained with first teams at Oxford and Wolves (thank you Mr. Steele!)

Played a couple of games For Derby Under 16's, then moved to Chesterfield but let go at 17.

Trialled at Norwich, but was nowhere near good enough.

Then to Mickleover Sports where the highest I played was the Northern Counties East league, but mainly in the reserves.

Sundays turned out for Derbyshire Police, Mickleover Whitecross, and Riddings Rovers in the top division of the Taverners.

I didn't know we had do many former pro players. I am in awe. Beats my Brackens Albion stint in the Derby Sunday Social League back in the 60s!

Former Chad (Saturday) and Rowsley (Sunday) league player as a kid. 

Highlights; couple of league and cup wins in both, a kick about at Mansfield Town vs Shrewsbury on the pitch at half time, putting one on Tom Naylor in a 5-0 cup loss (he got up and scored the penalty) and reaching the national school finals at Villa's training complex in the futebol de salao form of the game.

Proud of my career. No regrets at hanging up my boots at 16, I was on the decline much before then. 

school, sunday league to a poor level.

in more recent times played for fun in northern germany on a  school ( so not full size) pitch with 20odd other Germans, and drank lots of beer afterwards each week.

Great laugh, with ages ranging from early 20s, to the odd person in their 60s, great laugh and banter all round.

On 29/01/2018 at 07:43, McRamFan said:

Won the triple on FIFA, does that count?

Only if I can crow about international appearances in another sport.

Archived