New Club Website

alexxxxx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The new website must be designed more for mobile devices I reckon. Horrible 'zooming' of the images. Still got the awful video ad pop-up. Two steps back...

The club have got to make money somehow, just close the pop up if you don't want it. The homepage is now less cluttered then before. I don't know what zooming you are talking about? Do you mean when you hover your mouse over an article? 

10 minutes ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

The club have got to make money somehow, just close the pop up if you don't want it.

Oh thanks for that, it never occurred to me! The club aren't making money from it though if it annoys the customers and they just block the popups or immediately close them down as you suggest!

The zooming where the images enlarge slightly when hovering. You might like it I don't - we all have an opinion.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh thanks for that, it never occurred to me! The club aren't making money from it though if it annoys the customers and they just block the popups or immediately close them down as you suggest!

The zooming where the images enlarge slightly when hovering. You might like it I don't - we all have an opinion.

If the club weren't making money from it then they wouldn't have it on there as i am sure they are aware of the slight annoyance that it can cause for the 5 seconds before you close it. The zooming is common place in most websites now, but as you say it is your opinion which, of course you are entitled to.

I think it is a step forward toward the modernising of the website to go in line with the advances the club is making on the digital front that could attract more investment and add to the premier league quality feel of the club that has been a massive success for other clubs such as Man City... but that's just my opinion.

53 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Surely the club are still making money? It’s like ads on the tv. The company pays for the ad, but have got no control over if you watch it or go to the bog. You can turn the ad off on the website with a click.

its not the adverts that bother me its the autoplay at the bottom - they should put autoplay on the top of the first page... then it's clearer whats being shown - and its annoying that the autoplay is on pages where there are other videos... they should just put the ad before the video you want to watch rather than one you dont

The only thing that annoys me about the website is that I haven't yet worked out a way to stay logged in to it so I am repeatedly having to go through those irritating little captcha quizzes ticking bridges and windows and stuff. I rush them and keep getting them wrong.

I hardly ever have to re-log in here so what am I doing wrong with DCFC? 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

The only thing that annoys me about the website is that I haven't yet worked out a way to stay logged in to it so I am repeatedly having to go through those irritating little captcha quizzes ticking bridges and windows and stuff. I rush them and keep getting them wrong.

The same for me. It’s not a problem on the app, but the website if you’ve not visited for 10 nanoseconds you have to log in again 

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

If you use Chrome you can save your login in details by selecting the small key icon in the top right hand corner in the search bar. Also the club seem to have gotten rid of the 'I am not a robot' function when logging in. 

key.PNG

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Surely the club are still making money? It’s like ads on the tv. The company pays for the ad, but have got no control over if you watch it or go to the bog. You can turn the ad off on the website with a click.

But doesn't that in the end depend on click thru's? Will the ad company renew the deal?

Edit: I haven't a clue what any of the ads are as I spend my short time with them looking at the top right corner waiting for the x to appear!

Archived