Typical Derby...

North East Ram

It transpires that Derby are featured in the album art of the great Oasis debut album, 'Definitely Maybe'. But in typical Rams fashion, it had to be for all the wrong reasons. For those already in the know, yep you can see Rodney Marsh and George Best. So where are the SuperRams? 

For me, it just seems to be so Derby. It's perversely funny. It's reverse schadenfreude if you like. It makes the good times even sweeter.

I won't entirely spoil the twist but 'enjoy':

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/03/which-football-players-appear-on-the-cover-of-definitely-maybe-oasis

(and sorry)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

Didn't know that. Is it a Chelsea away game? Just thinking of the era / band / team location.

I can't exactly remember but I had in my mind that it was Derby at Plymouth, but could well be wrong. Will do some investigating.

3 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I can't exactly remember but I had in my mind that it was Derby at Plymouth, but could well be wrong. Will do some investigating.

FA Cup quarter final 1984 @ Home Park. There's some great pics from that game that i've seen on here before. We took 1000's to a ground that was basically all terracing. And everyone seems to be sporting a Haircut 100 look and / or wearing drainpipes, fred perry polo shirts and either adidas kick or slip ons!

Let's not discuss the replay... and Steve Cherry.

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

FA Cup quarter final 1984 @ Home Park. There's some great pics from that game that i've seen on here before. We took 1000's to a ground that was basically all terracing. And everyone seems to be sporting a Haircut 100 look and / or wearing drainpipes, fred perry polo shirts and either adidas kick or slip ons!

Let's not discuss the replay... and Steve Cherry.

Can't find anything on the web about it, but the album i'm referring to is Sound Affects, which was released in 1980, so can't be that Plymouth game that I thought it was.

I don't have the vinyl so can't really get a better look at the picture unfortunately.

It's one of those where I'm sure I've read it, but can't remember enough of it to be certain! 

9 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Can't find anything on the web about it, but the album i'm referring to is Sound Affects, which was released in 1980, so can't be that Plymouth game that I thought it was.

I don't have the vinyl so can't really get a better look at the picture unfortunately.

It's one of those where I'm sure I've read it, but can't remember enough of it to be certain! 

well, there's a football crowd in the bottom right 'square' of that album cover. Would love it to be Rams away. I bet @Inverurie Ram might know...?

Archived