Thoughts?

Day

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, I'm probably in the minority who prefers the old grounds with character. I love the City Ground and love going there. I don't like Pride Park, and probably never will feel an emotional attachment to it. 

I prefer the Baseball Ground also, so I'm only partly mad.

11 minutes ago, Moist One said:

hmmm, I'm probably in the minority who prefers the old grounds with character. I love the City Ground and love going there. I don't like Pride Park, and probably never will feel an emotional attachment to it. 

I prefer the Baseball Ground also, so I'm only partly mad.

The Baseball ground was a dump, but it was our dump and the memories will last a lifetime and the atmosphere (especially night games) will never be recreated at Pride Park. But the modern ground is not the reason the atmosphere isn't the same, that's down to the fans and all seater stadiums.

There are a hell of a lot more women and children at games now and a good percentage of the kids are girls, that was something we didn't see a lot of at the BBG when it was still terracing.

1 hour ago, superzak said:

Well I loved the Baseball Ground and I still say it was sad day when we left. ( sad I know but I took me video camera to the arsenal game)lol so I still have that. Not that keen on Pride Park its where we Play our home games.

I loved the place, but it was never the same after all the seats went into the popside and ossie end and if we had stayed and developed the ground with the plans Lionel had, It would have been a different ground altogether. It would have kept the name and it's history, but it wouldn't have been the same.

Archived