Sheff Utd

Day

Momentum is with them, 11 players full of confidence. Not a big money wow signing amongst them. Top of the league.

You can throw Derby in this but many clubs and fans can learn a valuable lesson from Sheffield United.

Can they keep it up? Why not. Burnley, Bournemouth and Huddersfield were tipped for a collapse, they wouldn’t keep it up.

Where are they now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted for them,they deserve it too.

Squad assembled cheaply on low wages playing good football,good to watch.

Thoroughly deserved to beat Leeds.

Thoroughly deserved to beat us to,hope we play on the front foot like that at Leeds.

The contrast at work between the Owls and the Blades is amazing.

Good luck to them or any team who play to win games as opposed to play to not lose. 

Looks like every player understands what’s being asked of them and they have unity and belief, you don’t need big names on big wages if you’ve got that. Credit to their manager, he’s doing well.

46 minutes ago, David said:

Lucky to beat us, gifted them 3 goals on a plate, didn’t have to do anything else all game

But thats how we have won all our games this season isnt it according to many of our posters? Gifted to us not earned :)

10 hours ago, David said:

Momentum is with them, 11 players full of confidence. Not a big money wow signing amongst them. Top of the league.

You can throw Derby in this but many clubs and fans can learn a valuable lesson from Sheffield United.

Can they keep it up? Why not. Burnley, Bournemouth and Huddersfield were tipped for a collapse, they wouldn’t keep it up.

Where are they now.

And yet IF we win our games in hand we would only be 5 points behind them.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We’re in a decent position. Been a good start to the season considering the changes.

Would be happier top of the league mind you, is that being greedy?

6 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

We did gift them 3 goals.

From what I saw they completely outplayed us, better organised,worked harder and wanted it more.

Outplayed us? Really? Saw nothing of the sort, outside of the 3 goals they did absolutely nothing more than us. You can argue they didn’t need to, which is true but I’m struggling to see how they outplayed us on any level.

Wolves, Bristol City yes, not Sheff Utd.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Outplayed us? Really? Saw nothing of the sort, outside of the 3 goals they did absolutely nothing more than us. You can argue they didn’t need to, which is true but I’m struggling to see how they outplayed us on any level.

Your starting to sound like a Forest fan now.:lol:

57 minutes ago, David said:

My view also

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Good point, and that makes our game against them a 6 pointer. Had we not gifted them those goals, we could actually be looking at being a point ahead of them. 

So for saying how incredible they are, something we should aspire to, there’s only actually one game that makes the difference. 

4 hours ago, David said:

Have to agree to disagree,I thought we were poor.Coutts bossed it.

Archived