Just an old jacket ?

loweman2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It boils my piss to see all the spivs and hangers on and even empty seats in the directors box, when these guys should have free access for life.

if i had mel's money i would make sure that all these guys are looked after and feel valued and appreciated.

colin todd and steve powell feeling disowned made me feel slightly sick.

no offence to daveo - but it is simply impossible to imagine the respect and affection for players like kevin hector

i met willie carlin in the crowd at one match, and it is still one of the best moments of my life.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

no offence to daveo - but it is simply impossible to imagine the respect and affection for players like kevin hector

No offence taken. Take none when I say I have no affection for these players. Part of the clubs history that I respect but one that I can only read about.

Wanchope, Baiano, Eranio, Stimac, now we’re talking, these lot should have heated seats for life.

All about the eras we grew up in, no different to music and all that. 

2 hours ago, David said:

No offence taken. Take none when I say I have no affection for these players. Part of the clubs history that I respect but one that I can only read about.

Wanchope, Baiano, Eranio, Stimac, now we’re talking, these lot should have heated seats for life.

All about the eras we grew up in, no different to music and all that. 

Myopic view, the players you knew were very good,the players who are being overlooked took our club to the greatest success in our history they deserve more.

Maybe one day youll get to feel what it was like to be the best team in the league then maybe realise the gratitude oldies like myself have for these men.

12 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Myopic view, the players you knew were very good,the players who are being overlooked took our club to the greatest success in our history they deserve more.

Maybe one day youll get to feel what it was like to be the best team in the league then maybe realise the gratitude oldies like myself have for these men.

Not at all, I’ve not spoke about how the club treat old players and what they deserve at all, not a word, look back at the section I’ve quoted on affection which Ramnut mentioned me in.

Fans born later won’t have the same affection oldies have for that side as we wasn’t around, we can only read about it.

My first season ticket was the first season at Pride Park, we didn’t win anything but Wanchope will always mean more to me personally than Hector. Doesn’t mean he was the better player, just where my memories and affection lie.

In fact it’s a myopic view I was replying to.

not sure how i'm myopic. I liked wanchope very much, loved Stimac and saunders, but hector, mackay, carlin, hinton and co are just  in another league.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

not sure how i'm myopic. I liked wanchope very much, loved Stimac and saunders, but hector, mackay, carlin, hinton and co are just  in another league.

Felt like a swing from the garden thread where I spoke about David Nugent could hold fond memories for a young fan today, you might laugh but it’s true.

It’s all about eras, not who’s the better player or has the most trophies. That’s a pointless argument in itself given how football has changed.

I find Lowemans threads interesting which is why I’m here but I won’t have the memories that you oldies have stood on the Popside. A Charlie George shirt impresses me but a signed Wanchope shirt would be the centre piece in my living room. 

Thats no way disrespecting players from that time, just how it is. Mentioned it earlier, music as well. Just what you grow up with.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Felt like a swing from the garden thread where I spoke about David Nugent could hold fond memories for a young fan today, you might laugh but it’s true.

It’s all about eras, not who’s the better player or has the most trophies. That’s a pointless argument in itself given how football has changed.

I find Lowemans threads interesting which is why I’m here but I won’t have the memories that you oldies have stood on the Popside. A Charlie George shirt impresses me but a signed Wanchope shirt would be the centre piece in my living room. 

Thats no way disrespecting players from that time, just how it is. Mentioned it earlier, music as well. Just what you grow up with.

As would a Bobby Davison shirt for me. Although I would rather talk to Kevin Hector about the good times rather than to Bobby about our relegation to division 3.

I quite like the Beatles although they had split up before I was born.

May be I have an appreciation for people who have brought success and the great achievements they made rather than what was put in front of me.

Steve Bloomer is still held high by everyone as a Derby great but I doubt anyone is from his era. Hector ,Hinton. franny, Toddo, Charlie, not one of the present players including the Stimac  Asanonovic era, can hold a candle to any of the great players of the 70s.

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

As would a Bobby Davison shirt for me. Although I would rather talk to Kevin Hector about the good times rather than to Bobby about our relegation to division 3.

I quite like the Beatles although they had split up before I was born.

May be I have an appreciation for people who have brought success and the great achievements they made rather than what was put in front of me.

Appreciation and affection two different things. 

It’s possible to appreciate what has gone on before without holding the same affection.

I know because that’s how I feel, have the books, read a ton on Brian Clough but words will never give you that feeling of standing on a milk crate watching your side win the league.

Well said David,but its appreciation we are talking about not affection.

The fact that they seem NOT appreciated by the powers that be at the club just rankles me.Surely there can be some gesture to 

recognise their efforts in what was a majic time in this clubs history.

I took it for granted they were being respected by Dcfc,sad that it seems not.

By the way i liked Wanchope too.

2 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Well said David,but its appreciation we are talking about not affection.

The fact that they seem NOT appreciated by the powers that be at the club just rankles me.Surely there can be some gesture to 

recognise their efforts in what was a majic time in this clubs history.

I took it for granted they were being respected by Dcfc,sad that it seems not.

By the way i liked Wanchope too.

Yeah, my post was more of a cross over from the garden thread, when I saw my name up in lights had to respond as I do. 

As for the appreciation I really don’t know what the club does and doesn’t or the why’s or why not’s. 

The museum idea is one that I’m surprised wasn’t incorporated into the Pride Park designs, moving locations from one that held so many memories for many would have made a lot of sense.

Moor Farm has a little trophy cabinet near the reception, just seems a little wasted when they could have displayed them alongside historic pieces and made it a little attraction. 

3 hours ago, David said:

Here you go @David

stick that bad boy on your wall bud !

3BC4D2A6-B6A6-4F49-96C4-63AD917C3E5E.jpeg

6A119654-C368-43DF-9200-6444CDA769C2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived