Chinese Investors????

Mafiabob

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a huge market - 20% of the world's population is Chinese - that's one in every five people. In our immediate family, there's me, the missus, daughter Rebecca and sons Li Soo Hai and James - five of us, and one of us, therefore, must be Chinese.

Personally, I think it's James.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Doesnt ffp reset after 3 years though? Would be at the end of this season I think? If so it would give them a 3 year boom or bust tbf, given the Chinese takeovers of a lot of clubs it would make a lot of sense to buy us with the infrastructure already in place. 

Dont really understand the rules but if I’m right it would appear a good time to take a club like us over.

It's assessed over 3 year rolling periods,so every financial year participates in 3 different 3 year cycles, eg 15/16, 16/17,17/18; 16/17, 17/18 ,18/19; 17/18 , 18/19,19/20.

2 minutes ago, ramblur said:

It's assessed over 3 year rolling periods,so every financial year participates in 3 different 3 year cycles, eg 15/16, 16/17,17/18; 16/17, 17/18 ,18/19; 17/18 , 18/19,19/20.

Ahhh I thought it could be something like that, cheers for clearing it up! In which case tho, the majority of our big expenditure came in 15/16 which no longer comes into the equation then after this year. Would therefore still be a reasonable time to invest then it would appear.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

As someone who has spent many months in Beijing, allow me to explain why your joke doesn't work - while at the same time teaching you some Chinese.

It's not pronounced Beige-ing. Its a hard J like Japan - it's Bei-Jing. Say it aggressively BAY-JING!

Listen to your newsreader - they usually get it right.

You're welcome.

Wo ai ni x

Firstly beige is pronounced with a hard J in English use. A soft j in French.

Secondly 肏你祖宗十八代.   :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ahhh I thought it could be something like that, cheers for clearing it up! In which case tho, the majority of our big expenditure came in 15/16 which no longer comes into the equation then after this year. Would therefore still be a reasonable time to invest then it would appear.

Although our big expenditure came in 15/16, because of the £12m loan cancellation it'll probably be one of our better FFP years (£4m under threshold).

37 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Well i did also spend 18 months in australia... not that i like to talk about my well travelled past at all.

How did you survive for so long? Everything in Australia wants to kill you.

33 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's a huge market - 20% of the world's population is Chinese - that's one in every five people. In our immediate family, there's me, the missus, daughter Rebecca and sons Li Soo Hai and James - five of us, and one of us, therefore, must be Chinese.

Personally, I think it's James.

Another Tommy Cooper fan!?

12 hours ago, Parsnip said:

As someone who has spent many months in Beijing, allow me to explain why your joke doesn't work - while at the same time teaching you some Chinese.

It's not pronounced Beige-ing. Its a hard J like Japan - it's Bei-Jing. Say it aggressively BAY-JING!

Listen to your newsreader - they usually get it right.

You're welcome.

Wo ai ni x

Still Peking to me .

Archived