Mark Sampson

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm, not sure what to make of it. Its actually nothing to do with the racism allegations.

It refers to an incident in his previous job where a complaint was made and a full investigation took place and he was cleared but two chaps from the FA have got their hands on the report recently and decided between them that actually he should be sacked even though no laws have been broken citing something about cross boundaries between coach and player.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Hmmmm, not sure what to make of it. Its actually nothing to do with the racism allegations.

It refers to an incident in his previous job where a complaint was made and a full investigation took place and he was cleared but two chaps from the FA have got their hands on the report recently and decided between them that actually he should be sacked even though no laws have been broken citing something about cross boundaries between coach and player.

Good summary of what I just heard from watching Martin Glen the Fa chief exec.

He added that he personally had been aware of this report in 2015. Had been aware that the conclusion was that"with some further mentoring and coaching Mark Sampson would not pose any risk". But then  cryptically added that "if I knew then what I know now he would not have been appointed ".

No idea what he is alleged to have done. Various elliptical comments made about the boundary point and something about conduct expected of a senior FA employee.

Cue lots of salacious speculation in the Sun et al by hordes of salivating journos I guess. 

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Good summary of what I just heard from watching Martin Glen the Fa chief exec.

He added that he personally had been aware of this report in 2015. Had been aware that the conclusion was that"with some further mentoring and coaching Mark Sampson would not pose any risk". But then  cryptically added that "if I knew then what I know now he would not have been appointed ".

No idea what he is alleged to have done. Various elliptical comments made about the boundary point and something about conduct expected of a senior FA employee.

Cue lots of salacious speculation in the Sun et al by hordes of salivating journos I guess. 

Makes me ask why have they only just seen the content if they knew about it before? Can't imagine its the sort of thing you just happen across.

Surely if they were aware of it they should have asked to see the content then, seems quite negligent to me.

If I was being cynical I might think that having a racism allegation against him seems to have been a his word against hers situation has put them in a difficult position so they have gone digging to try and find an alternative way to oust him.

Mark Sampson has been sacked as England women's manager following evidence of "inappropriate and unacceptable" behaviour with female players in a previous role.

The Football Association says that last week it was made aware of the full details of safeguarding allegations made against Sampson in 2014 relating to his time as Bristol Academy manager.

But a 2015 FA assessment found Sampson did not pose a risk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41326806

Hmmm...

19 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I

I think that it may well have something to do with the alleged allegations of racism.

To be accused of racism today is akin to being accused of witchcraft in the Middle  Ages. The mere suggestion of racism in a public figure is enough. Despite two inquiries  and  no wrong doing being uncovered, the F.A. fearing the wrath of the race relations industry, decided that he had to go.

Have we actually been told what Samson's supposed to have done with regard to his "inappropriate behavior", or are we to be satisfied with just this nudge-nudge, wink-wink stuff?

Another case of the PC brigade shouting the loudest. 

I fail to see anything racist about what he said. If it was a player with Ukrainian heritage and he'd said "I hope they don't bring Swine Flu with them", we would not be having this conversation. But as per usual, the snowflakes shout loud and the FA act like their usual spineless selves. 

Everyone is a racist, nazi, homophobic bigot according to some. I'm tempted to become transgender just so I can go to the top of the PC hierarchy. 

49 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Everyone is a racist, nazi, homophobic bigot according to some. I'm tempted to become transgender just so I can go to the top of the PC hierarchy. 

I think you'll find that to get to the top you'll have to be at least a  black , Muslim, transgender- transvestite, single parent uni-dexter with refugee status.

Sorry, can't help you with the transgender-transvestite dress code, you're on your own with that one.

2 hours ago, hkrammm said:

If I asked my student if she's any history of being arrested, or that her family be kept away because of Ebola risk, I would be jobless. 

Not to mention rumors of "inappropriate behavior" with students or ex-students.

It's like Sam Allardyce trying to chat up Dele Alli or Eric Dier... :wub:

Of course he hasn't been sacked though for the supposed racist comments, he denied saying and was cleared after an investigation not once but twice.

The FA were aware if the report about the inappropriate relationships and still employed him.

1 hour ago, hkrammm said:

The FA were wrong then.

I am sure people would have no qualms if Mark Sampson is a stand-up comedian. The thing is the relationship at hand is between a coach and his players. So there's a strong element of dependency in it. 

And no, does not matter if the players are underage or adults. 

I agree with almost all off that but I'd also say that relationships with colleagues, superiors, managers, whoever, goes on in every single walk of employment.

Of course if there's any doubt whatsoever that there was an abuse of power or anything inappropriate or non-consensual, then it would warrant instant dismissal and probably due to the nature of his job, another investigation.

If he's just slept with one of the players cos they fancied each other, then I'd find that hard to get up in arms about.

Listening to the lad over the last couple of weeks has been painful though, so many clichés and buzzwords, so scripted even if what he's saying is genuine. I'd personally find it quite difficult to trust him as a manager but that's just personal opinion.

13 hours ago, hkrammm said:

If I asked my student if she's any history of being arrested, or that her family be kept away because of Ebola risk, I would be jobless. 

Not to mention rumors of "inappropriate behavior" with students or ex-students.

It's like Sam Allardyce trying to chat up Dele Alli or Eric Dier... :wub:

Sam would destroy them. 

22 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Managers should be judged on results - fact

Hasnt He done well with england in tournaments?

I suppose Glenn Hoddle did 'ok', and Big Sam has a 100% record :)

Other factors should be taken into consideration, however this case really does smack of the FA feeling embarrased by the fact the player in question would not let it go about the racism allegations and they felt it was an easy way out.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I suppose Glenn Hoddle did 'ok', and Big Sam has a 100% record :)

Other factors should be taken into consideration, however this case really does smack of the FA feeling embarrased by the fact the player in question would not let it go about the racism allegations and they felt it was an easy way out.

Exactly, we have a daft record of hounding good english managers out 

Archived