Mark Sampson

ViewsFromTheMiddle

I agree that they should all go on equality and diversity training

On the other hand it's just women's football. Why is anyone bothered?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, superfit said:

You really think that's a good analogy? 

Maybe not but my point is, to me, its a bad joke and we are only labelling it as racist because its been said to a black woman.

Over in the Pochettino thread we have comments that he should never manage england because of his countries involvement in the falklands war, why is this any different? No one in there is jumping up and down and calling those posters racist, yes there are some disagreeing with the logic but not crying racism. Not all argentinians are responsible for the war just the same as not all Nigerians are carrying ebola. If Pochettino was black im betting the reaction to those comments would be different and people would then cry racism?

For me the whole thing just smacks of the FA trying to cover their own arses. They sack him for something the previously knew about, and now despite 2 investigations clearing Sampson they have suddenly decided in a 3rd investigation he is guilty of racist comments, seems a convenient way to validate their reason for sacking him. So we get people jumping up and down saying yes hes racist, and thats fine if thats what your opinion is, but while all this has been going on Malky Mackay gets appointed manager of scotland and no one bats an eyelid, cant see any outraged posters complaining about this.

I get that the FA have to be seen to make a stand against Racism, and any other form of discrimination but its all lip service and tick box exercises, if they were really serious about it how about withdrawing the national team from the World Cup in Russia where racism (and homophobia) is far more widespread and serious than a poorly judged joke.

19 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

England goalkeeping coach Lee Kendall now under investigation from the FA 

Isn't this the bloke who allegedly spoke to Eniola in a " mock caribbean accent" (think Jim Davidsons Chalky character from the 1970s I guess).

Her point being she isn't from the Caribbean, she's from west Africa.

Difficult all this - I mean, I'm guilty of mimicking the odd regional accent in conversation to illustrate - an occasional "ooo-arrr" to indicate I've been trying to deal with a bumpkin. Perhaps that too is unacceptable.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Maybe not but my point is, to me, its a bad joke and we are only labelling it as racist because its been said to a black woman.

Over in the Pochettino thread we have comments that he should never manage england because of his countries involvement in the falklands war, why is this any different? No one in there is jumping up and down and calling those posters racist, yes there are some disagreeing with the logic but not crying racism. Not all argentinians are responsible for the war just the same as not all Nigerians are carrying ebola. If Pochettino was black im betting the reaction to those comments would be different and people would then cry racism?

For me the whole thing just smacks of the FA trying to cover their own arses. They sack him for something the previously knew about, and now despite 2 investigations clearing Sampson they have suddenly decided in a 3rd investigation he is guilty of racist comments, seems a convenient way to validate their reason for sacking him. So we get people jumping up and down saying yes hes racist, and thats fine if thats what your opinion is, but while all this has been going on Malky Mackay gets appointed manager of scotland and no one bats an eyelid, cant see any outraged posters complaining about this.

I get that the FA have to be seen to make a stand against Racism, and any other form of discrimination but its all lip service and tick box exercises, if they were really serious about it how about withdrawing the national team from the World Cup in Russia where racism (and homophobia) is far more widespread and serious than a poorly judged joke.

Have you not read up on the first two ‘investigations’?! 

They covered his arse for as long as they could!

Dan Ashworth, who conducted the first investigation, was a witness despite not witnessing anything! He didn’t even interview anybody who in the truest sense of the word was a witness! 

The players told to not comment, press conferences with cherry picked media… the whole thing was a farce. 

The third investigation didn’t make its findings because it had to. The third investigation made its findings because it was effectively the first investigation. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived