German fans kicking off at arsenal.

Boycie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I still don't see the problem. We're these Germans in SS uniforms? Does being German make them intimidating? Does the moment someone sets foot inside a football ground automatically mean they become a hooligan? What is wrong with these people. It's just another excuse for someone to have a moan.

We're all different Gritters, I can completely see where these Arsenal fans are coming from. We're not talking about lads aged 16-60 being intimidated, I haven't heard one complaint from that side of their support, it's families taking kids not even 10 years old who probably didn't deserve the bother they had. If I went to a game at PP and all the regulars had stayed away but there were thousands of away fans in with me I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my kids either tbh. Especially if I saw some of them donning balaclava's trying to jump the turnstiles. :lol: 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

We're all different Gritters, I can completely see where these Arsenal fans are coming from. We're not talking about lads aged 16-60 being intimidated, I haven't heard one complaint from that side of their support, it's families taking kids not even 10 years old who probably didn't deserve the bother they had. If I went to a game at PP and all the regulars had stayed away but there were thousands of away fans in with me I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my kids either tbh. Especially if I saw some of them donning balaclava's trying to jump the turnstiles. :lol: 

i'd say that was Arsenal's fault though

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I just think people shouldn't feel intimidated at a match. Having said that my missus feels intimidated when she has to walk past a load of school kids who haven't done a thing wrong. It may be more a stereotype thing rather than the individual. 

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

i'd say that was Arsenal's fault though

So do I...

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The blame lies at Arsenal and the Met Police's door IMO. Both were aware of the numbers coming and yet hardly any measurements put in place to deal with them/stop them buying tickets in the home ends. 

Said on talk sport arsenal fans selling tickets on for very inflated prices. They should try and identify the fans that did and revoke their membership/season tickets.

Whenever we play a big team in a cup we seem to be surrounded by away fans in the North Stand! Although they usually try to pretend not to be. Chelsea and Manchester United being recent examples.

Having said that, wouldn't it be great if we could sit side by side with the opposition and have a bit of chat and banter? I know it's not the same but in West Ham's stadium in August we were sat near to French, Kenyans, Italians,  Jamaicans, two very noisy Norwegians, Americans at the World Athletics Championships.  I loved it. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Whenever we play a big team in a cup we seem to be surrounded by away fans in the North Stand! Although they usually try to pretend not to be. Chelsea and Manchester United being recent examples.

Having said that, wouldn't it be great if we could sit side by side with the opposition and have a bit of chat and banter? I know it's not the same but in West Ham's stadium in August we were sat near to French, Kenyans, Italians,  Jamaicans, two very noisy Norwegians, Americans at the World Athletics Championships.  I loved it. 

Some of my favourite days out are bantering with the aussies at cricket matches. All done in fun and everyone can smile whatever the result.

Rugby internationals similarly. Remember in about 2005 joining in with some Argentina fans going potty as they won for the first time at Twickenham. And that's an adversarial sport!

Don't get why football crowds are so different. But they are! 

Awesome by the Cologne fans, what a following....!

The videos etc of the 20,000 of them marching up Oxford street is great, one question I would ask is.....how was this a surprise to anyone.....? It has been widely spoken about as being Colognes biggest game in years and years and 20,000 people don't just fly into London un noticed do they...?

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Awesome by the Cologne fans, what a following....!

The videos etc of the 20,000 of them marching up Oxford street is great, one question I would ask is.....how was this a surprise to anyone.....? It has been widely spoken about as being Colognes biggest game in years and years and 20,000 people don't just fly into London un noticed do they...?

Disguised as bankers...

15 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Some of my favourite days out are bantering with the aussies at cricket matches. All done in fun and everyone can smile whatever the result.

Rugby internationals similarly. Remember in about 2005 joining in with some Argentina fans going potty as they won for the first time at Twickenham. And that's an adversarial sport!

Don't get why football crowds are so different. But they are! 

Theres something about football which does this.

And you cant blaime English football supporters.

All across the world, football fans are passionate to the point they turn aggressive when in large numbers together.

Argentina, Turkey, infact many baltic countries in eastern Europe have major problems and they might be deaths if there was no segregation.

Compare that, like you said to cricket, rugby, or indeed any American pro sport where there is no segregation at all, just verbal banter from those around you, which as a visiting fan you have to put up with, and can probably give it back if your team is winning.

22 hours ago, cannable said:

Only five arrests, sensationalised? 

Of course it was.

On 9/15/2017 at 01:38, B4ev6is said:

If it was english fans he would be kicked out european football. How is this any different.

Because you read the lies of the BBC and the british written media,who cant understand passionate football fans travelling away in huge numbers without labelling it as hooliganism.

I draw everyone to a couple of links, a friend of mine sent me. My Friend is an FC Köln supporter and he was there.

https://www.standamf.com/2017/09/15/english-games-gone-passionate-cologne-fans-show-us-can-get-back/

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/the-truth-about-fc-cologne-supporters-by-a-football-fan-who-was-there

Archived