U23's v Swansea

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick thoughts:- Babos continues to impress/Jakobsen continues to be curate's egg/Luke looks like he might develop into something good/Callum needs to cut out that kind of tackle sharpish/very well done Nathan on a couple of occasions.Really proud of the spirit shown by the youngsters tonight.If you ever start believing in lost causes,you'll never come back from the dead.Ok,didn't work out tonight,but the time will come.

Once again,a big thanks to Mel for allowing a bit of cheer into my life-thoroughly enjoyed it,in spite of the result.

3 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Quick thoughts:- Babos continues to impress/Jakobsen continues to be curate's egg/Luke looks like he might develop into something good/Callum needs to cut out that kind of tackle sharpish/very well done Nathan on a couple of occasions.Really proud of the spirit shown by the youngsters tonight.If you ever start believing in lost causes,you'll never come back from the dead.Ok,didn't work out tonight,but the time will come.

Once again,a big thanks to Mel for allowing a bit of cheer into my life-thoroughly enjoyed it,in spite of the result.

Agree, but particularly about Jakobsen. Thought Zanzala looked lively too. Great header from the midfielder whose name I've forgotten. We, understandably, looked lightweight in midfield and that cost us. Like Cover too.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Agree, but particularly about Jakobsen. Thought Zanzala looked lively too. Great header from the midfielder whose name I've forgotten. We, understandably, looked lightweight in midfield and that cost us. Like Cover too.

Bateman,I think.I'm a quick learner when given the opportunity;).Particularly in view of what you said,it was a creditable performance. If you're a footballing midfielder with a quick brain,having 2 good feet is a massive advantage.I expect Alex to have a good career,and noticed at 0-3 he was one clapping his hands and encouraging the others.Like him a lot.

7 minutes ago, rustylee said:

Whoever is in charge of putting the replays up should learn to wait for the ball to go out of play

Yeah,gets on my nerves in the 'big' games too.Crowd shots and shots of managers/coaches when the ball's still in play,grrrrr.........and then you'll quickly get a switch to a goal celebration,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

11 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Bateman,I think.I'm a quick learner when given the opportunity;).Particularly in view of what you said,it was a creditable performance. If you're a footballing midfielder with a quick brain,having 2 good feet is a massive advantage.I expect Alex to have a good career,and noticed at 0-3 he was one clapping his hands and encouraging the others.Like him a lot.

Alex Babos has impressed me whenever I have seen him play.

Had a few days full of cheer,and still tmw night to look forward to.To cap it all,much as I hate ads,the latest Red Bull offering puts a big smile on my face.Hadn't heard the term 'Rozzer' for yonks,and with 'Blowers' giving the delivery,it sounds even funnier.You might normally expect Blowers to come up with 'A member of the constabulary', and Ramage to come out with 'Rozzer' (sorry,Craig).Actually,Craig reminds me a bit of 'Tuffers'.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know who their number 10 is, but in the bits I saw he looked head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. 

Did he have dandruff?

Archived