Farrend Rawson - loaned to Accrington Stanley until January

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loaned to the Championship to rave reviews a couple of years ago. Loaned to League Two now. And if Shackell goes as looks increasingly likely, it seems we're not interested in having him as a backup option. Given all that, it seems odd we took up that extra year's option on his contract (if I recall).

In terms of increasing the value of our playing staff which we claim we want to do, we seem so poor compared to them down the road who have been forced to play youngsters for lack of anyone else. When they've done all right for a few games, they're hyped to high heaven and "valued" at many millions.

I have heard that the game at the top level is so different from the lower leagues nowadays that some Premier League clubs wouldn't consider loaning their youngsters down into the lower leagues as it's deemed wrong for their education. We're in a funny position because our youngsters compete with Premier League youngsters, but have no route through into Premier League football. And perhaps it isn't grooming them properly for the Championship.

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Loaned to the Championship to rave reviews a couple of years ago. Loaned to League Two now. And if Shackell goes as looks increasingly likely, it seems we're not interested in having him as a backup option. Given all that, it seems odd we took up that extra year's option on his contract (if I recall).

In terms of increasing the value of our playing staff which we claim we want to do, we seem so poor compared to them down the road who have been forced to play youngsters for lack of anyone else. When they've done all right for a few games, they're hyped to high heaven and "valued" at many millions.

I have heard that the game at the top level is so different from the lower leagues nowadays that some Premier League clubs wouldn't consider loaning their youngsters down into the lower leagues as it's deemed wrong for their education. We're in a funny position because our youngsters compete with Premier League youngsters, but have no route through into Premier League football. And perhaps it isn't grooming them properly for the Championship.

Warnock didn't rate him. He sent him back. I'm surprised Mansfield didn't come in for him wasn't it Steve Evans who rated him?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

He's only 21 - Liverpool waited until Wisdom was 24 before deciding he wasn't going to make it in their first team - Might just be giving him time - And a loan move to a team where he could be the stand out player could be good for him? Finished mid-table last season so not another relegation fight to contend with? He will have had quite a battering on his previous loans

Rampant speculation - Seem to have accidentally swallowed some optimistic outlook - Normal service to be resumed soon

Archived