Rams summer 2017 transfer deadline day thread

Carl Sagan

19 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

No point building a prem team if we cant  get there first, a few championship players needed and mutch is a top end championship player. 

I think he looks a decent player but do people go over the top because he's from Derby?

He's played 49 games in the last 3 years...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rynny said:

No you are right let's buy another 30 players, spend £200m thwn we can have a different 11 every week of the season :ermm:

O heck this is why we will never be successful.

Total over the top reaction .

The club has no ambition full stop .

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

I know and I'm disappointed as I've heard the money is there but he won't spend it. 

Curtains afraid you have heard wrong there is very limited money until we get players out At the moment we are spending at 106% of turnover ( football league figures ) so we must be patient We are all disappointed but that's were we are at the moment Might sound silly but at the moment staying in this division is our priority Because I wouldn't trust this squad in a relegation scrap 

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

I know and I'm disappointed as I've heard the money is there but he won't spend it. 

I thought you listened to the forum where Pearce confirmed that MM was funding us right up to the FFP limits.

You say these forums are a waste of time. They are when people ignore the important information they are being told...

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought you listened to the forum where Pearce confirmed that MM was funding us right up to the FFP limits.

You say these forums are a waste of time. They are when people ignore the important information they are being told...

Oh you're sources are right mine are wrong then. 

If Rowett thinks that what he's got here is good enough for the top 6 as he has said it is, then thats fair enough. I think we are nowhere near a top 6 side and i fear Rowett is making sweeping statements he cant deliver on. 

I honestly cant see us finishing inside the top ten with this current group of players. 

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

O heck this is why we will never be successful.

Total over the top reaction .

The club has no ambition full stop .

Or maybe players need to leave before more can be signed. 7 players cannot fit into 2 positions, never mind signing any more players.

What you consider a lack of ambition is us being over "ambitious" previously and failing and now needing to sort that mis-guided ambition to get back on track.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Or maybe players need to leave before more can be signed. 7 players cannot fit into 2 positions, never mind signing any more players.

What you consider a lack of ambition is us being over "ambitious" previously and failing and now needing to sort that mis-guided ambition to get back on track.

Letting Elsnik out on loan is not getting back on track I'd have him over most of our current midfielders 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Letting Elsnik out on loan is not getting back on track I'd have him over most of our current midfielders 

Which is why I said we are needing to get back on track, signing more players won't do that without more departures.

14 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If Rowett thinks that what he's got here is good enough for the top 6 as he has said it is, then thats fair enough. I think we are nowhere near a top 6 side and i fear Rowett is making sweeping statements he cant deliver on. 

I honestly cant see us finishing inside the top ten with this current group of players. 

To be fair Rowett assembled a squad which he took to 7th in this league (granted that is not top 6) but I think he is probably in a better place to be making such sweeping statements than the fans?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well I don't know who your source is.

But I would be surprised if they know more about DCFC finances than our director of finance and chairman/owner.

True .

Has the owner said there is no money to spend or is it more like Rowett is stubborn and won't pay over what he thinks is reasonable. 

Thats his choice but it may be misguided because I've heard it said that we can just run players contracts down as a lot are out of contract at the end of the season so we get no transfer fee but save on wages and would take hits on them. 

Archived