EFL 3rd Round Draw

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

at 4.15am.

That's right. An English league cup competition draw is being streamed from China, making it unwatchable for most people in England.

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/august/carabao-cup-round-three-draw-information/

Hahaha that's madness tbf. I might take a look at that time (5.15am in Malta time though) ?

We need to win tomorrow first then need to beat Barnsley. 

Man City away would be nice IMO. 

To those questioning why the Carabao Cup draw is on at time..... look around the empty stadiums up until the quarter final stage to see the reason why. Clubs and fans aren't bothered about it, now just because the draw is on at stupid o clock in the morning we now care? Faux outrage for me sadly. We as fans and clubs have treated it with disservice..... you can't moan when the draw is made at a ridiculous time. Just my opinion. 

We used to get free tickets with our season tickets for 3 cup games. But the greedy football clubs took that privilege away from us. 

Then, as well as making us pay, they started putting weakened teams out.

The country has been through a recession and austerity cuts for about 10 years.

Dont blame the fans, blame the FA and clubs.

1 hour ago, blackNwhites said:

We used to get free tickets with our season tickets for 3 cup games. But the greedy football clubs took that privilege away from us. 

Then, as well as making us pay, they started putting weakened teams out.

The country has been through a recession and austerity cuts for about 10 years.

Dont blame the fans, blame the FA and clubs.

Seen the prices for some of the games in first few rounds? Dirt cheap to go, don't think politicising it as you just did blaming austerity and recession is fair..... 

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Seen the prices for some of the games in first few rounds? Dirt cheap to go, don't think politicising it as you just did blaming austerity and recession is fair..... 

I think it's fair to say that people are more likely to spend their money wisely, rather than go and watch a reserve game.

Just now, blackNwhites said:

I think it's fair to say that people are more likely to spend their money wisely, rather than go and watch a reserve game.

And that's my point in a nutshell..... it's faux outrage. 

We moan constantly about prices, it's cheap for the first few rounds. A chance to take a kid to their first match etc. But no blame the FA and not the fans for not showing up when it's very affordable to go. 

Think we as fans are massive hypocrites when we kick up a fuss over a cup draw in early hours of the morning. Maybe treat the cup with respect (I'll include clubs in this to do a agree) and maybe you'll not have a cup draw at stupid o clock in another country. 

52 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We moan constantly about prices, it's cheap for the first few rounds. A chance to take a kid to their first match etc. But no blame the FA and not the fans for not showing up when it's very affordable to go. 

Think we as fans are massive hypocrites when we kick up a fuss over a cup draw in early hours of the morning. Maybe treat the cup with respect (I'll include clubs in this to do a agree) and maybe you'll not have a cup draw at stupid o clock in another country. 

The competition would get more respect & get taken more seriously, if The FA had the balls to cut away the Premier League teams, & scrap the Johnson Paint Trophy.  I think a lot of teams would take it a lot more seriously if they saw it as a winnable cup, with potential Europa League qualification.  It would also have a knock on effect to the mid level prem teams to put out decent sides in the FA Cup, if it was their only chance of a trophy.  It might mean someone other than the top 6 might actually win it.

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

To those questioning why the Carabao Cup draw is on at time..... look around the empty stadiums up until the quarter final stage to see the reason why. Clubs and fans aren't bothered about it, now just because the draw is on at stupid o clock in the morning we now care? Faux outrage for me sadly. We as fans and clubs have treated it with disservice..... you can't moan when the draw is made at a ridiculous time. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

In your first post you basically blame the fans, and then declare it faux outrage.

It's outrageous that the the fans are consistently ignored or ripped off.

Footballs a business now, the fans don't matter and the attendances in the cup games reflect that.

Sith Happens
52 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The competition would get more respect & get taken more seriously, if The FA had the balls to cut away the Premier League teams, & scrap the Johnson Paint Trophy.  I think a lot of teams would take it a lot more seriously if they saw it as a winnable cup, with potential Europa League qualification.  It would also have a knock on effect to the mid level prem teams to put out decent sides in the FA Cup, if it was their only chance of a trophy.  It might mean someone other than the top 6 might actually win it.

Then it becomes zenith data systems cup mk 2. There would be no european award if the PL didnt have teams in it I am sure of that.

It is poorly thought of, I am guilty of that myself. I do tend to go to home games though if we are drawn at home because the are usually cheap.

I dont really know what the answer is, PL teams in europe play so many games so understand the weakened teams. Clubs in the midfield or lower end of the PL play weakend teams because staying up is more important.

Teams in the championship play weakend teams as they want to keep their best players for a promotion push etc etc.

I personally think for the FA Cup give the 4th champions league spot but thats not down to the FA as I understand it, its down to UEFA.

Archived