Olsson to DC United

Carl Sagan

48 minutes ago, LazloW said:

IMHO Olsson is the best left back at the club (controversial, I know), but the margins between him and the alternatives are not so great that I would be endeavouring to keep him on the books if an offer came in.  I broadly agree with the consensus that the squad needs trimming a bit and selling Ollson would have benefits in this regard without undue or significant impact on the team.  

He is another player at the club who is decent without being spectacular. We have a few of these, and while they shouldn't be deified, neither should they be slaughtered either.  Often seems to be no middle ground.  

What do you see as his main strengths?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Allowing the oppositions winger to cross into our box unimpeded?! ?

Everyone is allowed their opinion on a player.

Some may think attacking full backs are more important to our team.

Personally I just don't see any area where I think he is better than either Forsyth or Lowe. 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Everyone is allowed their opinion on a player.

Some may think attacking full backs are more important to our team.

Personally I just don't see any area where I think he is better than either Forsyth or Lowe. 

Couldn't agree more.

with 0 goals me 2 assists last season it would suggest he isn't great going forward either. I just see big gaps that Pearce has to cover that make him look worse.

just my opinion but he'd be one of three players I don't personally rate and I'd actively be looking to move on.

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Out of interest what do you see as Olsson's strengths?

I like his attacking abilities. His crossing from deep is weak, but he has the ability to beat his man and cross from the by-line. He has a good engine and is willing to make clever overlapping runs to assist and create space for his winger. His defensive positioning is relatively poor, so his main defensive attributes are used to dig him out of holes. He's got good pace and can put in a decent slide tackle. Remember, I'm not arguing that the guy is perfect, just not s****.

Archived