Sunderland v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much changed from last season. Why can we not stop teams equalising before half time? Perhaps its my memory but didn't we concede quite a few at the end of the first half when leading? I just hope we can stop conceding at the end of the game too. COYR

Vydra already showing what he did so well under Rowett at the end of last season.

Not sure why Vydra was dropped last season, not sure why he hasn't been favoured this pre-season, hoping he starts more going forward.

Great interplay between Vydra and Martin and offering rich promise for what might be to come this season. Especially good purposeful run by Vydra before slipping Martin hrough on goal with a gilt-edged chance. Terrible slip from Chrissy with the goal gaping, and he scoops the ball high over the bar.

But he knows he should have scored and I hope storms back to grab the goal he owes the team. Except Rowett's taking him off for Nugent.

The ball's flat and Carson gives it to the ref, but the homer bastid ref just tells him to get on with it.

Just now, McLovin said:

Not a fan of Huddlestone taking corners because 1. He only floats it in so easier for opposition defenders to read it and 2. It leaves us vulnerable on the counter attack because it takes him a while to get back into position.

It's a good point. Any corner hit at pace is far harder to defend. I do wonder about  whose ideas these set pieces are sometimes.

Archived