My attempt at being @Bris Vegas

ronnieronalde

Probably only of semi interest to those Rams who've got a bit of a soft spot for Burton Albion and maybe NC. It's clearly a blatant attempt at getting you all to click through to the article :-)

I've had a go at following in the footsteps of esteemed posters like @Bris Vegas, @Ambitious and @sage and done a bit of football writing "doodling". 

I've always quite fancied having a go at it and secretly admired those lads for having the balls to try it.

Ignore the typos if you can, I'm still trying to learn how to use their publishing tool.

My thoughts on Burton Albion's record signing, Liam Boyce.

I reckon he might be the surprise of next season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronnie

Those lads are just ego-maniacs who mistakenly believe that the sight of their semi-literate ramblings appearing in print somehow validates their own half-baked opinions. Even worse when they interview themselves on that poocast thing.

don't go their way mate. I'd rather see you lying in the gutter covered in yer own shiite than go that way.

I couldn't bear it mate. Honestly I'd probably have to kill you with me own bare hands than see you descend to that level.

mind you, if you crack it, let me know how to break into it too.

Good effort buddy!

Each writer will have their own style, but keeping paragraphs short and sweet makes it much easier to read.

I think you did a good job.

I retired from that profession almost a year ago now though. Couldn't stand the direction it was heading in.

31 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Probably only of semi interest to those Rams who've got a bit of a soft spot for Burton Albion and maybe NC. It's clearly a blatant attempt at getting you all to click through to the article :-)

I've had a go at following in the footsteps of esteemed posters like @Bris Vegas, @Ambitious and @sage and done a bit of football writing "doodling". 

I've always quite fancied having a go at it and secretly admired those lads for having the balls to try it.

Ignore the typos if you can, I'm still trying to learn how to use their publishing tool.

I misread the link as being Boycie boost for burton and wondered what on earth he'd done :lol:

stick at it Ronnie. You'll take pleasure in writing. I spent a few years, writing under a different name, and found my own personal style of writing progressing massively. The thing is, it has helped me generally! I am now really good at writing letters and emails and communication documents at work. The content will always be subjective (unless factual), so enjoy expanding your style. 

As for the article, there are a few things I would constructively point out, like inconsistency on adding the pound sign on figures being quoted, and starting new paragraphs, with the name of the player instead of 'he', but they are just my style and don't really matter. I would however insert a few more commas to break up the sentences. 

Good luck with it mate. Keep posting links.

16 hours ago, RamNut said:

Ronnie

Those lads are just ego-maniacs who mistakenly believe that the sight of their semi-literate ramblings appearing in print somehow validates their own half-baked opinions. Even worse when they interview themselves on that poocast thing.

don't go their way mate. I'd rather see you lying in the gutter covered in yer own shiite than go that way.

I couldn't bear it mate. Honestly I'd probably have to kill you with me own bare hands than see you descend to that level.

IMG_0338.JPG

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

@David serious question, do you take a new photo every time you change your avatar or do you just photoshop a different shirt onto the same one? :ph34r:

Well I was lying flat on me back in the last one, this one I'm in a fairly unnatural standing position 

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

Ronnie

Classic RamNut :-) I'm really glad I started reading your posts and stopped getting angry for daft reasons, you're a cracking funny bloke.

I love the post, can't quite agree with the ego-maniac lads bit, although I do get where you're coming from. I think we all secretly like our posts to be read and get a bit of a kick out of "likes and "quotes"

I do sometimes wonder why I keep posting, sometimes pretty personal stuff as well, not sure if it's occasional vanity or if I'm genuinely doing it for pure writing / time passing purposes.

I've got a couple of reasons for not minding being quite renowned on social media though RamNut, the book will come out one day soon and I need an audience for that. This time definitely not for vanity reasons. I've got big goals to do good things for the right reasons. Not sure I'd be able to do that well if I didn't turn into a bit of a media whore. I might not enjoy it, I'm not that good socially.

One things is certain though, I'm not looking to be a sensationalist journalist who rips football people to shreds, most of the football journos these days are pretty crappy really. I'm not looking to be a sensational anything really, I just enjoy a bit of writing and waffling about this beautiful game of ours, oh  and I'd like to hope sometimes people enjoy a bit of what I write ;-)

23 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Good luck Ronnie. 

3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I love the post, can't quite agree with the ego-maniac lads bit.

Only joking mate.

i like them guys too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2017 at 19:49, ronnieronalde said:

Just seen that Boyce is likely to miss most of the season.

Really unlucky for him and Burton. 

Archived