Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

It seems to be a problem shifting players out at the moment, at least the ones we don't really want to sell.

There'll at least be loan takers for the likes of Olsson, Shackell, Blackman, Bent closer to deadline. Plenty of time.

7 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Pure desperation from Hull. Will be surprised if he stays there. 

They are falling apart, their main players are leaving and their new Russian Manager is a pure amateur he won't last very long if you ask me.

hullcityfallingapart.jpg

1 hour ago, David said:

Can't help but sit here and wonder if had Huddlestone not started out at Derby would there be the same hype about this signing.

Don't get me wrong he's not a bad player to have at the club, but I think a few are getting carried away by the romance of it all, "Huddlestone coming home", when you look at his career he spent the least time at Derby and played the least games.

Plus his home is actually Nottingham :ph34r:

I think there would be. I think at Championship level he's a quality player, he can provide a bit of cover for George, make plays, pick up runners with his passing ability and add a little steel to our midfield. His presence should allow other players to take a higher line and that might improve attacking options too. And his footballing 'home' is Derby as far as I'm concerned so the Nottingham thing is moot.

Guess I'm just easily pleased!

Personally I'd rather have Leadbitter. 

I thought our midfield tore Huddlestone and Livermore apart two seasons ago in the 3/4 matches we played. 

He lacks any movement, for his size isn't that much of a force and pings hopefull balls around. 

He hasnr impressed me since his early 20s. 

2 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I thought our midfield tore Huddlestone and Livermore apart two seasons ago in the 3/4 matches we played. 

He lacks any movement, for his size isn't that much of a force and pings hopefull balls around. 

Livermore and Huddlestone are too similar. With someone like Bryson or Johnson alongside Huddlestone he will be allowed to run the game.

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Livermore and Huddlestone are too similar. With someone like Bryson or Johnson alongside Huddlestone he will be allowed to run the game.

Maybe. 

Seems like a step down from Thorne though!

Possibly see a 4231

10 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

That was all Livermore's fault, he's not fit to lace The Hudd's boots never mind play alongside him ?

24 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

They are falling apart, their main players are leaving and their new Russian Manager is a pure amateur he won't last very long if you ask me.

hullcityfallingapart.jpg

I think Villa want Elmo. 

Happy with this. Could also play as a defender in a back 3 if a change of shape is needed mid game.

His range of passing is superb and if we are looking to sit a bit deeper and spring quickly then a player who can hit accurate 60-70 yard balls or hit a target man accurately to allow us to build in the final third then he is the perfect fit for this.

Yes he lacks mobility and pace, but to be honest he never built his game on these qualities anyway so I don't see the point in worrying.

Archived