Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Brighton ready to pay £8 million for Lawrence.

The promoted club have already broken their club record this summer after signing Valencia goalkeeper Matthew Ryan

Brighton are lining up a move for Leicester attacker Tom Lawrence which could see them smash their club record for a second time this summer.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton is keen to make £8m-rated Lawrence, 23, his sixth signing of the summer.

The Premier League new boys are optimistic of getting a deal for the versatile forward Lawrence done.

And the potential fee for the Welshman would top the £5.1m Brighton paid out for goalkeeper Mathew Ryan last month.

Former Manchester United youngster Lawrence spent last season on loan at Ipswich in the Championship.

And he caught the eye with a string of spectacular strikes in his final tally of 11 goals in 36 games.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-ready-break-transfer-record-10884306

And...we're screwed.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

Why do we f*** about with our transfer dealings.   If lose out on Lawrence we only have ourselves to blame.

Was about the say the same thing, sounded like we were trying to be too clever with Lawrence to lower the price from what I heard but I hope it's just a bluff from Leicester. We live in a market where an 18 year old potentially costs 160 million. We will end up panic buying close to deadline day.

I don't get what we were waiting for, it's obvious that Leicester don't have to sell and have set a price so if we're interested and actually want to sign him then you have to go for it. Now that we've f***ed about for a couple weeks Brighton have realised what a talent he is and will get him.

cant really see another target right now of his quality so where do we go from here...

however keep the faith I guess COYR

1 hour ago, needles said:

Withdrawn. Duplicate uranus pun. Bah.

Don't just post an astral pun on impulse.

Planet.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Was about the say the same thing, sounded like we were trying to be too clever with Lawrence to lower the price from what I heard but I hope it's just a bluff from Leicester. We live in a market where an 18 year old potentially costs 160 million. We will end up panic buying close to deadline day.

I don't see how people are blaming Derby for being slow?

Wasn't it common knowledge that Leicester wouldn't talk until they'd strengthened their own attack and Shakespeare had seen Lawrence in pre-season?

Transfers are a two-way street, people.

2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Hardly surprising, we're literally sitting and waiting for players rather than being proactive. Your never going to pick up a player like Lawrence for 4 million, especially in this market. It's time to start taking action now rather than a last day squabble for a bang average player. 

We've offered £8 million but Leicester are holding out for £12 million 

I know as much as (nearly) anyone on this form 

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

This should of been done weeks ago! Hope we don't end up with Ojo!!

If someone wants to pay £8 million for Lawrence then let them and it's time to move on. If its Brighton in the prem then even more so. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't see how people are blaming Derby for being slow?

Wasn't it common knowledge that Leicester wouldn't talk until they'd strengthened their own attack and Shakespeare had seen Lawrence in pre-season?

Transfers are a two-way street, people.

Leicester are willing to sell at a set price(which is reasonable btw), we tried dawdling to try and get the deal at a lower price. Was inevitable that another club were going to come in at that price, I'd have just paid what Leicester were asking for, more time to integrate him into the squad.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Leicester are willing to sell at a set price(which is reasonable btw), we tried dawdling to try and get the deal at a lower price. Was inevitable that another club were going to come in at that price, I'd have just paid what Leicester were asking for, more time to integrate him into the squad.

And that price is?

Archived