cupboard confession time

dog

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone's missus have a "junk draw"?

A draw or cupboard you don't dare open because it's ready to explode across the kitchen?

I understand why we need one though. If I'm asked to produce a bank statement from March 2008 then I can go into the junk draw to produce it. I'm 100% sure the blockbuster membership card will come in for some use too.

31 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Anyone's missus have a "junk draw"?

A draw or cupboard you don't dare open because it's ready to explode across the kitchen?

I understand why we need one though. If I'm asked to produce a bank statement from March 2008 then I can go into the junk draw to produce it. I'm 100% sure the blockbuster membership card will come in for some use too.

I have one. I recently found receipts from holiday purchases in 2005. 

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Be honest, you put them back in there too didn't you?

Arghh! Yes I did, along with old library card, the 2001 Rams fixture card and my uni pass. I have no discipline when it comes to hoarding. 

5 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Arghh! Yes I did, along with old library card, the 2001 Rams fixture card and my uni pass. I have no discipline when it comes to hoarding. 

:lol:

One day a man will chuck it all in a bin. Even the useful bits. Because where women think they may have use for an Avon catalogue winter 2013 men think that there can't possibly any use for an instruction manual for that brand new thing he's upstairs building for 7 hours. 

These screws must be spare.

48 minutes ago, Alpha said:

:lol:

One day a man will chuck it all in a bin. Even the useful bits. Because where women think they may have use for an Avon catalogue winter 2013 men think that there can't possibly any use for an instruction manual for that brand new thing he's upstairs building for 7 hours. 

These screws must be spare.

You mean you are actually allowed in the drawer? We respect each other's drawer space. The man drawer contains tech stuff, leads, chargers, batteries and phone cases etc. My drawer has what he calls 'junk'. 

On 08/07/2017 at 12:58, David said:

8x Coors April 2017

I once went round the Coors brewery in Golden, Denver.

The place was built into the side of a mountain. 

Americans do not do brewery trips like we do. After walking round one of the largest places with huge VAT's etc and only seeing 2 operatives and being told they produce 15,000,000 bottles/cans each week. We proceeded to the hospitality area.

Whilst waiting to be served, I noticed a sign above the bar saying "Please observe the 3 drinks rule"

When I got to the front, I asked the barman if we were really only allowed 3 drinks and he confirmed that it was true.

So I asked him for 4 bottles of his strongest brew for my party.

While we were drinking, the barman was replaced by another. So I went back to the bar and asked for 4 more. The new bar staff asked how many I had had and I told her and was duly served. I then went back up and got my third round, after which the bar staff rotated again and an new one appeared. And so I repeated the sequence.

Long story short, the bar staff rotated every 45 minutes or so and after a couple of hours the original guy re-appeared.

I staggered up to the bar and he asked "Sir, how many have you had".

"Two" I replied, to which he came back with "Jeeze you guys drink slow" and proceeded to serve me.

On 10 July 2017 at 11:54, Lambchop said:

If we're moving beyond kitchen cupboards, I have recently turned up a places to visit in Ireland guide from 1966. 

First holiday in ireland was 1969.

it was all farms, milk churns, peat fires and the pub car park was full of tractors.

Different world now. All tourism. Bungalows. Lots of new houses, and much more wealthy.

Archived