Darren Bent

DCFC1388

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He knows he's not going to be a starter here; Vydra, Nugent and now with Martin and Weimann back it'll put him further down the pack.

He'd be earning a fortune, I'm  pretty confident Ipswich would have had him back if it weren't for his wage demands. He seems more than happy to just sit on the bench and collect his nice pay packet rather than play regular football elsewhere.

He does score goals, but so did Sammon in the SPL. Doesn't make them any good over the 90 minutes  and Darren Bent is no better than Conor Sammon when he isn't ten yards from goal anyway. He is just a poacher,  we have Nugent who is just has good 

You're making a comparison between Sammon and Darren Bent? 

This post of yours is one of the biggest piles of tripe I've had the misfortune of wasting part of my life on by reading it. (And re reading it to make sure I read it right the first time)

And no doubt you'll respond with some form of illogical retort but you won't catch me out again.

In your own words, Darren Bent..... Greedy and no better than Conor Sammon. 

Laughable. Even more laughable if you really believe it.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, David said:

Be a crap joke of it was 

08/09 - Luton

11/12 - Crystal Palace

12/13 - Swindon

13/14 - Derby

Even we shipped him out on loan 16/17

It was 2012/13 he was on loan to us.. signed permanent contract in summer of 2013.

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

He could have moved for free this summer, instead he activated another year - knowing A) Nobody will match his wages B) He won't be a regular starter and C) We would now have to terminate his contract for him to leave/another payoff.

He's took the piss and good on him, I'd do the same for the money he's getting.

A) Bent's contract extension was triggered automatically because he has played X number of games

B) You don't know which clubs have or have not even made contact to sign him, saying your pretty confident Ipswich would have had him back earlier had it not been for his wages is based on what? Guesswork?

"As is often the case with contracts if players play a certain amount of games it activates another year.

"Benty's got done in January but the club wanted to announce them before the end of the season.

"Bairdy is a little bit more recent, he has activated his as well.

"They are two good players who have contributed to the season - Benty's goals, Bairdy's performances - and they wil be part of the group next season."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/what-has-gary-rowett-said-about-darren-bent-s-contract-extension-at-derby-county/story-30300248-detail/story.html#pCsK15jS0l5a5cfS.99

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I was just respounding to someone saying they rather chris martin leave but I was just making a point if darren bent is leaving so shouldnick blackman I cant see him getting into the team eathier.

Shaking my head in disbelief.

I fuc.ing  give up!!!!! 

7 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

You're making a comparison between Sammon and Darren Bent? 

This post of yours is one of the biggest piles of tripe I've had the misfortune of wasting part of my life on by reading it. (And re reading it to make sure I read it right the first time)

And no doubt you'll respond with some form of illogical retort but you won't catch me out again.

In your own words, Darren Bent..... Greedy and no better than Conor Sammon. 

Laughable. Even more laughable if you really believe it.

What does Darren Bent offer then besides the tap in goals? Throughout the duration of a game, he is no more use than Conor Sammon was. 

You have Martin who brings others into play, Nugent who presses the opposition for the full 90.  Then there's Bent... someone you don't see for the entire duration and then he might score, what else does he bring to the match? Absolutely nothing.

He is what? 32? 33? And still can't get to grips with the offside rule. 

26 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Pure greed? 

He wants to carry on playing at as higher a level as possible and reached double figures last year.

Probably also thinks he's good enough to compete for a place.

Another player who is a match winner but just gets slagged off for allegedly doing nothing.

Goal scorer...... and they win matches. 

Yep .. Spot on. My only reservation is, are we prepared or able to fund having an aging ace on the squad ? It is quite possible that DB could come on in 7 games and score 5 last minute goals. He has the ability without question. But is it worth it in the greater plan of building a unit given his probably high wages ?

and again .. In those 7 games he might not score but if Daz gets just one last minute winner and we end up in the Prem ? 

I'm glad I am not a manager or owner ( apart from the bunce of course :p )

14 minutes ago, Papahet said:

What does Darren Bent offer then besides the tap in goals? Throughout the duration of a game, he is no more use than Conor Sammon was. 

You have Martin who brings others into play, Nugent who presses the opposition for the full 90.  Then there's Bent... someone you don't see for the entire duration and then he might score, what else does he bring to the match? Absolutely nothing.

He is what? 32? 33? And still can't get to grips with the offside rule. 

He scores goals.

Scored more over the course of his career than Nugent and at a higher level and in less time.

So maybe this goal hanging lark isn't such a bad thing.

Goals are what you need to win games. 

We had the better football with more success with a strike force of Martin, Ward, Dawkins, Sammon, Bamford.

Than the recent; Bent, Blackman, Weimann, Ince

Couldnt give a s**t about the goals Bents scored, we are still no better off with him and Ince are we?

2 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

He scores goals.

Scored more over the course of his career than Nugent and at a higher level and in less time.

So maybe this goal hanging lark isn't such a bad thing.

Goals are what you need to win games. 

No, playing has a team wins you games my friend.

We have improved since 2014 despite his goals have we? Despite Inces goals and the boy wonder Hughes maturing.

7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

No, playing has a team wins you games my friend.

We have improved since 2014 despite his goals have we? Despite Inces goals and the boy wonder Hughes maturing.

Well the teams that scored the most goals in the premier league last season finished in the top five places and the last time I looked its GOALS....say it again.... GOALS that win games.

That's why strikers go for the big money and top wages.

So let me guess, get rid of ince , Bent.....any others?

And then buy who or what?

But I'm guessing it will be someone who scores goals or gets the ball to someone who scores goals.

Give Bent chances and he'll score. 

Now I'm guessing that you're just gonna keep bashing away at this until I give up.

So I give up. 

Goodnight 

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We had the better football with more success with a strike force of Martin, Ward, Dawkins, Sammon, Bamford.

Than the recent; Bent, Blackman, Weimann, Ince

Couldnt give a s**t about the goals Bents scored, we are still no better off with him and Ince are we?

Do you not get up and cheer when he scores?

do you go home early from the game if he comes on as a late sub?

are you sad if he scores a winning goal?

did you go to school?

I don't post often, and read less of this forum in the summer break because of people like you. 

However I am a derby county supporter and I support my team. I don't however retort to making completely absurd comments on a subject I clearly know nothing about unlike yourself sir!

9 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Do you not get up and cheer when he scores?

do you go home early from the game if he comes on as a late sub?

are you sad if he scores a winning goal?

did you go to school?

I don't post often, and read less of this forum in the summer break because of people like you. 

However I am a derby county supporter and I support my team. I don't however retort to making completely absurd comments on a subject I clearly know nothing about unlike yourself sir!

Hi Marcus Bent, what are you upto nowadays?

22 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Well the teams that scored the most goals in the premier league last season finished in the top five places and the last time I looked its GOALS....say it again.... GOALS that win games. 

That's why strikers go for the big money and top wages.

So let me guess, get rid of ince , Bent.....any others?

And then buy who or what?

But I'm guessing it will be someone who scores goals or gets the ball to someone who scores goals.

Give Bent chances and he'll score. 

Now I'm guessing that you're just gonna keep bashing away at this until I give up.

So I give up. 

Goodnight 

Goals goals goals...

Without Bents goals goals goals and without Inces goals goals goals we finished 3rd with the likes of Sammon and Bamford coming off the bench. How many goals goals goals did they score that season? Not a lot.

We have no identity with Bent in the side, just him standing around waiting for a chance. Literally he does fook all else but wait around.  Goals win games sure, but work rate, team work and effort also count and we've lacked those massively for awhile now.

We didn't have these pretty fancy names like Vydra, Ince, Bent and Weimann back in the 13/14 season and yet we played with a style and scored goals without a problem (bar Wembley) that season.

The squad is aging, the wage bill is through the roof. Bent, Shackell are big contributors to this

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hi Marcus Bent, what are you upto nowadays?

I'm mainly being a middle age slightly fat white guy. My hobbies are watching derby county, art and going on fun excursions with my family. 

Oh and my name is Jim and I'm absolutely splendid thank you. :)

Whenever watching Darren Bent I always feel he can get something from nothing. And I feel quite smug when you steal a game from another team with something from nothing.

He adds valuable experience to a team that needs to somehow gel a little more.

On the other hand I'm sure he does earn lots and lots of money. And for a player of his age if we can command a fee that GR is happy with then I won't be overly unhappy with that eventuality.

Archived