Take Your Pick

ramblur

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bent just got his year extension activated by playing x amount of games. The only way we're shifting him is to someone will to match his wage. Who would out of those that could. Leeds? Boro? Wednesday? Fulham? Villa? Bent can't really offer them more than what they have. Wolves? Can't see it. Sunderland maybe if they weren't too busy digging their own grave would perhaps bring back the good old days.

You could probably find a taker for Weimann and Blackman. But they know that neither player is important to us. Neither player has performed in some time. They are going to offer peanuts. 

I'm thinking Bradley Johnson/Butterfield might be the worst players we have that would get any sort of significant fee. Do we really want to offload them now? 

Vydra... he's had a terrible time since Watford and I'm sure there's a few teams that would happily have him in hope of getting him back on track. But you don't put a big bet on a 3 legged horse. Would probably be better off gambling on him ourselves than take the fee he's probably worth now. How much would you want to pay Derby for Vydra? £4/5m? Nah, you'd just shop elsewhere. That's probably more like the fee Derby should have payed for a player who's struggled 2/3 seasons. 

So you've got Shackell, Pearce, Cyrus, Anya and Olsson. Players we could survive without that still have plenty to offer at this level and may hold some value. But Anya and Shackell would obviously leave for less than we bought them. But that's what happens when you spend over £30m to go from play off contender to mid table 

GK: Carson, Mitchell

RB/WB: Wisdom, Christie 

LB/WB: Fozzy, Lowe

CB: Davies, Keogh, Shacks, Pearce

CM: Thorne, Bryson, Johnson, Elsnik

WIDE: Weimann, Russell, Anya, Blackman

AM: Vydra, Butters

CF: Martin, Nugent

------------------

Tricky my arse.

1. First of all Gary needs to choose his best 22 players, which I've done for him already  (like I don't have enough to do!). Then he can work.out where to tweak.

2. Get rid of all other first team players. Sell them, give them away, whatever. Just get rid. If some are on high wages and refuse to leave, just walk up to them slowly... look them straight in the eye and calmly say 'Leave'. Then get closer so they can feel your breath on their face and (still very calmly) say 'Darren, leave'. Hold the stare... If you see a bead of sweat on their forehead you know you've won. Slowly lift up your hand and wipe away that bead of sweat, but keep staring, never budge that stare. Then give a wry smile, a friendly smile, then say one more time, while you're still wiping his brow with your hand... 'Leave'. 

3. Then bring in Jota. Just tell him he's coming. Tell him whatever Everton offer we'll double. Tell him he won't have to worry about anything anymore. Tell him he's going to be a hero, a God, and gods like him deserve special treatment. Tell him that we can offer him things that money can't legally buy. Give him a wink. He'll know what it means. And He'll come.

9 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Out:

Blackman, Shackell, Pearce, Cyrus, Olssen, Bent, Butters, Weimann

In: Decent DM, Caulker, leave budget to improve in Jan as needed, quality attacking loan (if available but not essential).

We can then have

Baird/Wisdom         Keogh/Caulker       Davies              Fozzy/Lowe

Russell/Anya          Thorne/new DM      Johnson/Bryson        Elsnick/JR/Anya

Martin/Nugent       Vydra

Martin and Nugent could play lone striker if we co for a five man midfield.

Anya and Fozzy could do wing back jobs if we want 3 at the back.

For the direct play Rowett wants we'd still be decent.

I might be wrong but not sure you can play 19.

Carson/Mitchell

Wisdom/Christie/Baird      Keogh/Rawson        Davies/Pearce        Forsyth/Olsson/Lowe

Whelan/Bryson          Thorne/Johnson

Jota/Russell                                        Butterfield/Vydra                      Lawrence/Anya

Martin/Nugent

I'd pair Martin and Vydra, then if one or the other can't play, play JB and Nugent.

I know we'll struggle to sign Whelan, Jota and Lawrence but at least two of them would place my confidence back at the levels that they were before Hughes and Ince were sold.

Gary recently said that he'd like to reduce the squad size by 6/7 players this season,whilst bringing 3/4 in. I'll take the higher figures in both cases,which implies 2 more in and 9 more out. (assuming Wisdom signs).For the purposes (and no doubt annoying some) I'll assume that Ince is gone,which would mean 8 more out.

Ultimately Baird, pearce and keogh i think will stay.

Shackell, Christie and vydra to go for low fees.

roos, rawson, bent and blackman to go out on subsidised loans. 

Any other changes - Weimann or bennett could go out on loan, to bring in loanee strikers.

no more permanent signings.

Not what i would do, but what Growett might do.

The year is 2027. Mason Bennett is 31 years old and we're here, saying that after his 9th loan spell at a league 1 club, he should be given a chance the break into the first team.

The Futurama head in a jar Steve McClaren, in his fifth spell with the club, has previously stated that he wants to bring through more youth players to help Derby finally gain promotion to the JustEat Premier League. Alongside recent Gazprom Champions League winners Huddersfield and Watford.

3 minutes ago, NoLoRam said:

The year is 2027. Mason Bennett is 31 years old and we're here, saying that after his 9th loan spell at a league 1 club, he should be given a chance the break into the first team.

The Futurama head in a jar Steve McClaren, in his fifth spell with the club, has previously stated that he wants to bring through more youth players to help Derby finally gain promotion to the JustEat Premier League. Alongside recent Gazprom Champions League winners Huddersfield and Watford.

George Thorne thinks he can "have an impact on the season ahead" after finally having his knees amputed due to too much wear and tear. 

Mel Morris decides he needs to invest in another mobile game after another season of spunking £20 million on bog-standard players.

Didn't Gaz predict 4 in, 8 out to give a squad of 23?

Once Ince has been sold, my prediction is that Christie will be sold (£1.5m-£2m), Shackell will be loaned out for a wage contribution, Lowe will be loaned out to gain regular first team experience/fitness, Blackman will be loaned out for the season for a wage contribution & an option to buy (say £1m), Bent will be loaned out (to Ipswich?) for a wage contribution.

We'll bring in a young winger, eg. Ollie Watkins and potentially a young midfielder on loan eg. Harrison Reed.

23-MAN SQUAD

GK: Carson, Mitchell, Roos

DF: Wisdom, Baird, Keogh, Davies, Pearce, Forsyth, Olsson

MF: Thorne, Butterfield, Bryson, Johnson, Hanson, "Reed"

FW: Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Russell, "Watkins", Weimann, Anya,

Sell: Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Russell, Bent (buyout), Blackman (buyout).

Sign: Caulker, Jota, Jon Toral

Starting XI: Carson, Wisdom, Davies, Caulker, Lowe, Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield, Jota, Martin, Vydra.

Bench: Mitchell, Anya, Pearce, Forsyth, Bryson, Toral, Nugent

Backups: Roos, Rawson, Elsnik, Vernam

I'd prefer to look at it as where have we grown fat in different areas since 13-14

Midfield .. we doubled up after the Hughes Bryson injuries - Hanson and Elsnik haven't had a real run but Hughes has left. We could lose one and still be ok. 

Forward line .. Bent Nuge Weiman Vydra Blackman Martin. Too many surely ? For me, at least one, or possibly two centre forwards / attackers can go - personally I think Bent has had his day and is a luxury for an impact sub and up to now Blackman hasn't fitted.

Ince you could suggest replaced Ward, but Anya and Camara arrived as well but we aren't over blessed with pure wide players. So if anything a new wide player would be useful even if Weiman can give it a go.

In defence we have 2 new signings on top of Baird Pearce and Shacks (less Bucko)  with Lowe getting up to speed - then add in Anya as back up and consider Baird's flexibility so some bodies could go from the back without being too risky 

20 hours ago, cannable said:

Honestly, all I'm bothered about is that you're (@ramblur) still posting youth. 

Was worried when you weren't :)

Very generous of you,cannable,and thanks. Past experiences tell me that late autumn through to late spring will be very tough, but I'll try to at least log in on the first of each month,as I promised before. 

Archived