Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

Fuming. :angry::( we'll miss the lad big time. 

Hope he'll boss it in Premier League and will be in England first team soon. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive been expecting this ... i also expect ince to go aswell ... people have asked for change well here it is. 

least rowett has the bottle to walk in n start making big changes

im looking forward to a new look team next season 

3 minutes ago, DanDan said:

Agreed, someone should be explaining why the price is so low. However, should and will are two different things and I dare say we wont hear anything other than it being an undisclosed fee

I think they have to this will leave a lot of fans unhappy, I suspect its as I said we still have a debt and we will get a bit of cash but it still reads as if we've basically swapped Will for Anya :lol:

Feels like straws are being clutched with the Vydra and Anya fees, never heard this happen before, there was rumours on Twitter with the Pickford to Everton deal that the £30m included wiping off the Oviedo deal. Week later it's now us. Can't see it myself and when asked on Twitter Owen Bradley doubted it.

I cannot believe that we have sold our most talented asset! Yes, he has had a quiet season but he has comeback from a serious knee injury which takes time to recover from and regain match fitness and sharpness! Hughes has covered our CDM crisis and hasn't been able to play in his true attacking and creative position. We must have a replacement lined up because NO ONE in our team at the moment is as creative as Hughes! Butterfield was signed when he got injured and hasn't provided the same creativity as Will. This is a pi*s poor choice again by Derby in my opinion and one that will comeback to bite us yet again in the Ar*e. Having said that, i don't blame Hughes for leaving as he should get a chance at the top level and he has seen that chance pass season after season due to us bottling it or under performing and missing out on promotion! The deal has been done between clubs whilst he isn't even in the bloody country so the deal might still fall through on personal terms. If we have a poor start the fans are going top be right on your back with decisions like this Rowett....    

1 minute ago, David said:

Feels like straws are being clutched with the Vydra and Anya fees, never heard this happen before, there was rumours on Twitter with the Pickford to Everton deal that the £30m included wiping off the Oviedo deal. Week later it's now us. Can't see it myself and when asked on Twitter Owen Bradley doubted it.

Definitely clutching at straws, because what we're being asked to drink tastes like sh**!

4 minutes ago, David said:

I just dont understand why we'd reject a Hudders bid of £7.5m and then accept £8m (potentially less) from Watford.

That 500k really tipped the balance? Especially when it's a 500k we might not get if its 4.5 rising to 8.

Especially as a club that refused to sell Hendrick for less than £10m.

The only alternative is that Hughes is adamant he wants to leave, but then that doesnt really explain why we wouldnt accept 7.5 from huddersfield.

3 minutes ago, DCFC83 said:

I cannot believe that we have sold our most talented asset! Yes, he has had a quiet season but he has comeback from a serious knee injury which takes time to recover from and regain match fitness and sharpness! Hughes has covered our CDM crisis and hasn't been able to play in his true attacking and creative position. We must have a replacement lined up because NO ONE in our team at the moment is as creative as Hughes! Butterfield was signed when he got injured and hasn't provided the same creativity as Will. This is a pi*s poor choice again by Derby in my opinion and one that will comeback to bite us yet again in the Ar*e. Having said that, i don't blame Hughes for leaving as he should get a chance at the top level and he has seen that chance pass season after season due to us bottling it or under performing and missing out on promotion! The deal has been done between clubs whilst he isn't even in the bloody country so the deal might still fall through on personal terms. If we have a poor start the fans are going top be right on your back with decisions like this Rowett....    

he will know exactly whats been going on. this aint happened over night. been going on for months hence he was subbed when rowett walked in

4 minutes ago, simsdcfc said:

imagine if rowett can get bryson, martin, nugent vydra etc on goal scoring form then Hughes will be forgot about.

Disagree, Will isn't known for his goals he brings the creativity to midfield. That now needs replacing.

I agree changes need to be made but there are other players I would like to see moved on first. Talk of Ince going too is a concern. Yes changes are needed but not the type where we see our best players moved on. Having said that our best players are also our most sellable. Makes you wonder where the creative spark in midfield is going to come from. Good luck to Will though, he deserves to play in the premiership. Listening to his interview I don't think he would want a move to a top 6-8 team as he wouldn't play. Least with Watford he will get minutes on the pitch playing for a good manager. Couple of seasons playing well and he will progress onto bigger things. A really good season and he could end up at the World Cup. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I just dont understand why we'd reject a Hudders bid of £7.5m and then accept £8m (potentially less) from Watford.

That 500k really tipped the balance? Especially when it's a 500k we might not get if its 4.5 rising to 8.

Especially as a club that refused to sell Hendrick for less than £10m.

The only alternative is that Hughes is adamant he wants to leave, but then that doesnt really explain why we wouldnt accept 7.5 from huddersfield.

Think you're getting Ince and Hughes mixed up, Huddersfield were reported to have bid for Ince 

Just now, David said:

Think you're getting Ince and Hughes mixed up, Huddersfield were reported to have bid for Ince 

Oh yeah - you're right.

Well in that case I think Hughes just wants out.

I retract all stuff about Vydra and Anya until we hear something from the club on that notion.

Archived