Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

Good interview. I wonder what positions he thinks we're top heavy in? Perhaps left back would be one, right back we have 3 players. And centre half? I can only obviously see these ones currently.

Wingers and strikers are a possibility too

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Good interview. I wonder what positions he thinks we're top heavy in? Perhaps left back would be one, right back we have 3 players. And centre half? I can only obviously see these ones currently.

It also from what Rowett said implies all of our signings should be in by the 22nd of July, so depending on how many players that'll be, could be a busy month.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Would like to see 8 players leave really

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I thought FFP wasn't going to be an issue? God it would be nice to have some transparency at this club. 

Not been funny but read the DCFC accounts. Pretty easy to see from them that we are haemoraging money.

Why would we come out and say we are struggling with FFP, that would put us in a ridiculous position when selling players.

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

The latest Rowett interview is definitely worth a watch if you haven't already. Hughes clearly the driving force behind this deal. As were the FFP implications. :mellow:

Pushed out basically. He had signed new contract in January which tells you he was happy stay just 5 months ago. Sit him on the bench rest of the season and you get what you want...

From Will's view.. there's no wonder he prefers PL over Derby bench.

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Well we were told in the 15/16 season that we were managing fine and we could easily spend the money on players we were. Now apparently FFP has become an issue. 

Were we?

Bizarre if we were told that. I don't see how a Championship club could make a net spend of £15-20 million every summer and not fall foul of FFP.

Even the Hendrick sale last summer was negated by the purchase of Anya and Vydra.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Pushed out basically. He had signed new contract in January which tells you he was happy stay just 5 months ago. Sit him on the bench rest of the season and you get what you want...

From Will's view.. there's no wonder he prefers PL over Derby bench.

He'd been in and out of the team after limping off against Leicester. Definitely wasn't fully fit for most of 2017.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It also from what Rowett said implies all of our signings should be in by the 22nd of July, so depending on how many players that'll be, could be a busy month.

Good luck with that GR. 

Just now, Duracell said:

Were we?

Bizarre if we were told that. I don't see how a Championship club could make a net spend of £15-20 million every summer and not fall foul of FFP.

Even the Hendrick sale last summer was negated by the purchase of Anya and Vydra.

Yeah, watch the Q and A with the whole board including Clement, they say that FFP won't be an issue.

Would be nice for the club to a be a bit more open at times. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Well we were told in the 15/16 season that we were managing fine and we could easily spend the money on players we were. Now apparently FFP has become an issue. 

Rowett made it perfectly clear that we have to sell before we buy back in March

It's 13m per year for losses. We spent 25/30m in one summer with fees obviously depreciated over x, y and z years

We only spent a small amount net last summer and I'm sure it'll be the same this year

11 minutes ago, Duracell said:

My interpretation is that it hadn't been a problem, and won't be a problem providing we reign in the spending this season.

Issue is wage bill means we make losses every year regardless of transfer spend.

Hope GR is being genuine implying Will drove this and it's not; "you can stay but likely to be a sub. Do you want to stay?" which is different scenario as really manager managing him out.

But if GR is genuine and Will drove abd GR would have kep him then I take back my anger towards him

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rowett made it perfectly clear that we have to sell before we buy back in March

It's 13m per year for losses. We spent 25/30m in one summer with fees obviously depreciated over x, y and z years

We only spent a small amount net last summer and I'm sure it'll be the same this year

It just makes you wonder why Mel gave Clement so much money to waste, that transfer window really has held the club back. 

If you think that we've signed two excellent Championship players, sold a player who isn't really suited to our plans whilst still making a decent profit, it doesn't look too bad. I could genuinely seeing us having a net spend below 0 this summer, but that certainly won't be a bad thing.

Archived