Manager Merry-Go-Round

Day

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Not sure how well he's going to do at Boro. They've got a good squad but is it top 2 quality?

Transfer window open till Sep 1st to make it top 2 quality.

A little surprised they've taken so long to appoint a manager, if you think our players are back in training in just over 2 weeks.

Monk knowing this league will make a little easier, will know what's needed

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

@David - What do you make of Boro's chances this season? I think under monk they'll be hard to beat as most Boro teams are. I think they'll do well but I can't see them making top 2. 

Not always about having the quality it's being consistent, Boro have a squad that won't see a mass exodus, minor tinkering no reason why they won't finish top 2. 

Gibson will back Monk in the transfer market as well. 

By September be easier to call

Boro fan here. Of the side that went up the year before last, 12 players played 30 games or more and 9 are still at the club and unlikely to leave bar Gibson for silly money.  Players like Ayala, Clayton, friend etc. Are all solid top end championship players and know the league. I think we will be around the top 2. 

We may loose a few, ramierez, Gibson, de roon etc. But that could bring in 40+ million potentially. 

Gibson has said the manager will have the best buget in the division to work with. 

6 minutes ago, Boro5707 said:

Boro fan here. Of the side that went up the year before last, 12 players played 30 games or more and 9 are still at the club and unlikely to leave bar Gibson for silly money.  Players like Ayala, Clayton, friend etc. Are all solid top end championship players and know the league. I think we will be around the top 2. 

We may loose a few, ramierez, Gibson, de roon etc. But that could bring in 40+ million potentially. 

Gibson has said the manager will have the best buget in the division to work with. 

Gibson is a top Chairman and he's got on paper a fairly good pick as Manager for this league from a neutrals viewpoint.

You will be at least in the auto's, if not automatic spots. I'll likely put a wager on your lot. Besides the Rams of course ;)

Remember Friend running the show for you, really rate him in the Championship, one of those quietly efficient players week in, week out. Few more like him from that war chest, maybe someone like Nugent :whistle: , you'll definitely be hard to beat either way I expect.

On 08/06/2017 at 17:33, HantsRam said:

Gone by Christmas I reckon. Mahrez wants away,  vardy has peaked and the rest aren't up to that much.

Reckon he was rumbled towards season end. Sadly he'd managed to squeeze out those wins.

And he reminds me of Sammy Lee. ....:angry:

Will still be smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

Been given a nice 3 year contract for being possibly no more than an average coach, fella's laughing all the way to the bank I reckon.

Archived