Brexopvision 2018

I'm hoping that this cheesefest of awful camp disco, weird folksy numbers and political chicanery will survive us leaving the euro club.

I'm sure that will be the case seeing as how both Australiaand Israel take place.

Anyway,  not off on another political diatribe. Do we love it or hate it fellow rams?

Favourite moment? Maybe the bizarre Finnish heavy metal outfit from about 10 years ago?

Anyhow, it's semi final 1 tonight. And I'm watching a Montenegrin with a body stocking and a mohican trying to look winsome on stage.

Time for another young''s special I think :lol:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HantsRam said:

Well I've voted twice. Once for an athletic looking Albanian girl who shouted at me, and a second vote for a doleful Portuguese who was sitting in the auditorium with a sausage on his head.

Well the Portuguese got through but my little Albanian was pipped by a slab faced Belgian lady. 

But a suitably mixed madcap collection for Saturday so I shall be on my sofa :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Phoenix said:

With all the eastern bloc 'tactical voting', we were never in with a chance. Nobody votes for us. Tme we exited this expensive charade.

I agree we'll never win it again but it's not actually that expensive - unless you're the country hosting the thing.

All of the BBC costs including the fee to the EBU, build up shows/semi-finals and 3+ hour live final cost about the same as half an hour of Doctor Who.

While the ratings remain good, it's actually very good value.

I don't watch any of the other shows but do love the live final.

It's the one time one can embrace the campness of it all without getting funny looks from the Missus :wub:

A recent highlight for me was when the female presenter shouted out to the tens of thousands in the audience - probably made up of 95+% gay men and said that they probably just had't met the right girl yet.

12 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I don't watch any of the other shows but do love the live final.

It's the one time one can embrace the campness of it all without getting funny looks from the Missus :wub:

A recent highlight for me was when the female presenter shouted out to the tens of thousands in the audience - probably made up of 95+% gay men and said that they probably just had't met the right girl yet.

Nowt wrong with a bit of gay disco from time to time Wolfie. 

I love the lunacy that you often get from the performing arts.

It's almost like a last bastion of fun and tolerance in amongst all the political grimness .

Great entertainment for an evening :lol:

On 2017-5-9 at 20:32, HantsRam said:

I'm hoping that this cheesefest of awful camp disco, weird folksy numbers and political chicanery will survive us leaving the euro club.

I'm sure that will be the case seeing as how both Australiaand Israel take place.

Anyway,  not off on another political diatribe. Do we love it or hate it fellow rams?

Favourite moment? Maybe the bizarre Finnish heavy metal outfit from about 10 years ago?

Anyhow, it's semi final 1 tonight. And I'm watching a Montenegrin with a body stocking and a mohican trying to look winsome on stage.

Time for another young''s special I think :lol:

Lordi?

Love it,it's so **** it's great.

I remember going out and my kids persuading me to bet on Jedward a few years back.

I'll have to watch it now.

Guilty as charged.

Watch it every year, with curry and wine, in bed with the missus.

Norton does a pretty good job, not up to Wogan standards but then who would be?

Favourite ever song was the Norwegian entry from 1993, sung by Silje Viga and called Alle Mine Tankar.

12 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Guilty as charged.

Watch it every year, with curry and wine, in bed with the missus.

Norton does a pretty good job, not up to Wogan standards but then who would be?

Favourite ever song was the Norwegian entry from 1993, sung by Silje Viga and called Alle Mine Tankar.

Which Norway will turn up this year?

The null point from 1980 -something. 

Or the violinist Rybek? Who carried all before him and holds the record points score..

Not that I'm a sad obsessive. Oh no..:lol:

Anyone ever played the Eurovision drinking game? You pick nations from a hat (multiple nations if you dont have a 1:1 ratio of people playing). Get the national drink of each nation and try and finish it whilst their song is playing. What you don't finish gets added to the jug. At the end whoever got the nation that comes bottom of the leaderboard has to drink the contents of the jug.

Seemed like a fun idea at uni anyway. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Anyone ever played the Eurovision drinking game? You pick nations from a hat (multiple nations if you dont have a 1:1 ratio of people playing). Get the national drink of each nation and try and finish it whilst their song is playing. What you don't finish gets added to the jug. At the end whoever got the nation that comes bottom of the leaderboard has to drink the contents of the jug.

Seemed like a fun idea at uni anyway. 

Top idea, only me and the misses watching, so will let you know how it went.....next month...

23 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Roll on Saturday for the final. Looking forward to it and by the way Kiev is brilliant city :)

Plans sorted for tomorrow evening. :wub:

Archived