Rams as Cars Season 2

RamLad1884

So around this time last year I made the thread 'Rams as Cars' it seemed to go down pretty well. Since then we've lost a few, gained a few and perceptions of players have changed. Lets go again!

This time i'm starting with Chris Baird, definitely a ford focus. Once the go to car but overtaken by the newer cars these days. We went an bought a flash sports car thinking it would do the job, but in the end we went with the reliable ford focus again

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still relatively new to the forum having only joined at the start of this season.

Is this what happens during off season?

Maybe the forum should take a summer break, or consider other topics during the quiet period? Tennis maybe?

10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Maybe the forum should take a summer break, or consider other topics during the quiet period? Tennis maybe?

That's just not cricket,old sport.

David Nugent - Modified Vauxhall Nova GTE

Tom Ince - VW Passat CC

Vydra - Caterham 7 - in the right conditions it's awesome.A lot of the time it's not.

Russell - MK5 Golf....yes you know you could trade it in for something more glamorous but it's still am decent car.

Johnson - Bradley Fighting Vehicle. nuff said

5 minutes ago, ramblur said:

That's just not cricket,old sport.

Yeah actually my reply to the post was a bit of a bellend reply. Definitely not cricket. Sorry @RamLad1884 I've had a few beers ignore me im a nob. 

Nick Blackman is a Maserati in a garage waiting to be let loose on the tarmac.

Anya: Fiat 500. Nippy and quite good at tight corners and quick acceleration. 

Bryson: VW Beetle; that air cooled engine just keeps eating those miles.

Thorne: Land Rover Discovery...big, rangey, V6 engine gives power and control. 

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Tom Ince - VW Passat CC

Vydra - Caterham 7 - in the right conditions it's awesome.A lot of the time it's not.

Russell - MK5 Golf....yes you know you could trade it in for something more glamorous but it's still am decent car.

You and me see VW Passats a whole lot differently mate! Lol

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Anya: Fiat 500. Nippy and quite good at tight corners and quick acceleration. 

Bryson: VW Beetle; that air cooled engine just keeps eating those miles.

Thorne: Land Rover Discovery...big, rangey, V6 engine gives power and control. 

Land Rover discovery's break down a lot then? Would have said TVR for Thorne.

31 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Tom Ince - VW Passat CC

Russell and Johnson and Vydra .. Yep spot on but Nuge .. A Nova GTE !!!!!!! Naaaaa

Nuge is something like an old 911 Turbo Porsche before they got all water cooled, air bagged and urrrm ....modern

Bad ass with a big spoiler on the back..... makes a noise, not subtle but delivers in spades and full of hairy arsed character you really wanted one when your were 14-1/2 and secretly still do. 

@EnigmaRam

Tom Ince as a Passat CC - It's a quality product, well styled, powerful and with lots of ability, but not quite the Audi A6 in some people's perception (even though under the skin they are very similar). Not a smiley car.

@jono

Nuge is totally a modded Nova GTE - You seem em out on the roads (or used to when I was a bit younger) and think "jezz, what a nobber" it's not stylish, it's not expensive or classy and it's a total pest - but you just know it's gonna surprise a lot of cars with it's ability, get up people's noses and just be a right hoot when it's in your garage.

Keogh ... A category D BMW 535 you bought on eBay ... Quality ...but you always worry that something might break.

Bent ... S class Merc that's been round the clock, clutch is slipping, hand brake doesn't work, steering is a bit vague but get it on the motorway and it still eats the miles.

Butters ..  A DS Citroen ... Interesting, but the jury is out as to whether it was a Friday car or if it just needs a decent mechanic.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Thornes an Alfa, cheap, looks gorgeous but you'll be lucky if you reach the end of the drive, never mind the road.

Yeah but when it's running sweetly there is nothing like it 

Butterfield - Ford Mustang, 4 cylinder version. You know it aught to be a stonkingly good motor but it just seems so sluggish and underpowered.

Carson - 25 year old Toyota Hi-Lux, it's been beat up, it's been to wigan and back, it's survived West Cumbria it's good 250K miles on the clock but you have confidence it's not going to let you down.

Razza Camara - Yamaha V-max. Doesn't do all that much of what you want in a car (as it's a motorbike) but it does accelerate in a strait line very very fast. Has a slightly weird cult following.

Baird - Honda Civic. Much derided, but very capable and reliable.

Nick Blackman - Shelby Cobra Kit car project (unfinished - all parts present)

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah actually my reply to the post was a bit of a bellend reply. Definitely not cricket. Sorry @RamLad1884 I've had a few beers ignore me im a nob. 

Nick Blackman is a Maserati in a garage waiting to be let loose on the tarmac.

Smart riposte,ratarsed@aguess, Parsnipwhine@anotherguess. Only messing,old sport.

Anyone for tennis? 

Archived