Did we save Newcastle 1 Million pounds by re employing McClaren

Curtains

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Hasn't since.

It was his first game as manager of Derby. 

Vydra scored in the centre of the goal against Forest from a Russell cross from the left.

Then Rowett swapped them back over.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Wrong decisions can lead to ultimate failure.  

Question for you 

Did McClaren use the Academy players  much in the first 11. 

Was he big on bringing players through or did he prefer loans like Lingard etc 

Did he play Vydra on the wing for a reason ! 

McClaren used Mason Bennett quite often. He gave Hanson his debut. He gave Lowe numerous starts this season. He started Roos in cup games. Calero and Thomas got first team game time under him.

In direct comparison with Clement and Pearson, yes McClaren undoubtedly offered our youth players more first team opportunities. He was bringing players through and bolstering the squad through loans. The two are not mutually exclusive. What McClaren absolutely wasn't doing was pissing away millions in the transfer market.

He wanted to get Vydra in the team, but felt he couldn't take Ince out of the support role. I don't agree with this decision, but it's easy to see why it was done considering Ince's goalscoring record.

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

So when we lost 3-0 to Burnley or 3-0 to Reading in those home games, or when we were losing to forest did you think that the team would finish 3rd with the highest point total we had ever got, top scorers in the league and make the play off final? Would it have been good enough with Clough and finish 10th again with as many loses as wins?

From where we started that season to where we finished it was a good season, and although I was angry walking down the steps at Wembley that we didn't step our game up to the max, I was damn proud to have even been there.

I was proud to have been there just as I was at the WBA final and the losing Leicester final at the old Wembley.

I was proud to have been at The Semi Final in Sheffield under Dave Mackey and losing and also broke my wrist that day when I fell down the terracing.

Im proud to be a DCFC fan and I'm proud of Derby. 

McClaren is not Mr DCFC is he. 

10 minutes ago, Anon said:

McClaren used Mason Bennett quite often. He gave Hanson his debut. He gave Lowe numerous starts this season. He started Roos in cup games. Calero and Thomas got first team game time under him.

In direct comparison with Clement and Pearson, yes McClaren undoubtedly offered our youth players more first team opportunities. He was bringing players through and bolstering the squad through loans. The two are not mutually exclusive. What McClaren absolutely wasn't doing was pissing away millions in the transfer market.

He wanted to get Vydra in the team, but felt he couldn't take Ince out of the support role. I don't agree with this decision, but it's easy to see why it was done considering Ince's goalscoring record.

Players at his disposal which is probably not relevant really  

First spell at Derby 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby/startseite/verein/22/saison_id/2013

Second spell at Derby 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby/startseite/verein/22/saison_id/2016

Point is I think McClaren didn't use the squad as well as he could of .

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thanks for showing me our squads. Do you think I just pull this stuff out of my arse? I already checked my info, using actual appearance data rather than a simple list of players. If I have to spoon feed it to you I will, but I will very rude about it, since it's something you could very easily check yourself.

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

Thanks for showing me our squads. Do you think I just pull this stuff out of my arse? I already checked my info, using actual appearance data rather than a simple list of players. If I have to spoon feed it to you I will, but I will very rude about it, since it's something you could very easily check yourself.

The point is and don't be rude it's not like you McClaren didn't use the players at his disposal to the best of their ability and Rowett will. 

He had Michael Keane for one instance on loan. 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

I was proud to have been there just as I was at the WBA final and the losing Leicester final at the old Wembley.

I was proud to have been at The Semi Final in Sheffield under Dave Mackey and losing and also broke my wrist that day when I fell down the terracing.

Im proud to be a DCFC fan and I'm proud of Derby. 

McClaren is not Mr DCFC is he. 

No McClaren isn't Mr DCFC, but who is that is involved in the game? Was Clement, Pearson? Is Rowett?

What McClaren gave to us was his all. That is all we as fans can ever ask for. Was it good enough for promotion? Not quite, but we cannot come much closer to it. I was enjoying going to the games and watching us for the first time since Burley.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

No McClaren isn't Mr DCFC, but who is that is involved in the game? Was Clement, Pearson? Is Rowett?

What McClaren gave to us was his all. That is all we as fans can ever ask for. Was it good enough for promotion? Not quite, but we cannot come much closer to it. I was enjoying going to the games and watching us for the first time since Burley.

Seem to remember a lot of fans being disgruntled about Mascarell playing and not replacing Eustace etc. 

I'm glad you was enjoying it and now lets enjoy Rowett. 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

He had Michael Keane for one instance on loan. 

And he was poor, do you remember the Leicester away match?

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lee Naylor anyone or Kalife Cisse

Patrick Bamford. 

Naylor and Cisse were short term cover and cheap, because we didn't have all the money to spend that we have been recently, and we had no cover for Eustace that was a booking away from suspension, Cisse played against Sheff Wed, man of the match. Naylor was there in case anything happened to our ONLY left back, Forsyth.

Bamford? What is your point on Bamford? Helped us to vital points against Brighton, Sheff Wed and I am sure there is another.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Naylor and Cisse were short term cover and cheap, because we didn't have all the money to spend that we have been recently, and we had no cover for Eustace that was a booking away from suspension, Cisse played against Sheff Wed, man of the match. Naylor was there in case anything happened to our ONLY left back, Forsyth.

Bamford? What is your point on Bamford? Helped us to vital points against Brighton, Sheff Wed and I am sure there is another.

He brought in loans not always to the best effect.

Who was that CF 

Leon Best. 

De Sart is a poor loan at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Seem to remember a lot of fans being disgruntled about Mascarell playing and not replacing Eustace etc. 

I'm glad you was enjoying it and now lets enjoy Rowett. 

Some fans will never be happy. A guy in front of me was moaning that we were playing to slow as the ball went out for a throw in, the player took a quick throw in and we lost the ball, the same fan, 20 seconds after saying speed it up was saying that we needed to slow it down.

You don't sit in the North stand do you? :whistle:

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

He brought in loans not always to the best effect.

Who was that CF 

Leon Best. 

More hits than misses though. Again with the budget available who was he meant to bring in to sit on the bench?

Look at some of the player Fergie bought at Man U, Djemba-Djemba, Bebe, Kleberson, Bellion, how many keepers did he go through to replace Schmeichel and finally getting Van Der Sar?

Some fans will never be happy. A guy in front of me was moaning that we were playing to slow as the ball went out for a throw in, the player took a quick throw in and we lost the ball, the same fan, 20 seconds after saying speed it up was saying that we needed to slow it down.

You don't sit in the North stand do you? :whistle:

West Stand lol and always back the team  

De Sart is another poor loan at the moment right but he may come good who knows. 

More hits than misses though. Again with the budget available who was he meant to bring in to sit on the bench?

Look at some of the player Fergie bought at Man U, Djemba-Djemba, Bebe, Kleberson, Bellion, how many keepers did he go through to replace Schmeichel and finally getting Van Der Sar?

Right Sir Alex he was rubbish wasn't he. 

Not 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Blackburn, vital contribution from Bamford at times.

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

Exactly my point. You picking out the few "poor" signings mean nothing overall.

Wisdom and Thorne were good apart from Wisdoms driving lol  

The point is though he did have the players to get us promoted . 

Archived