Organisations/Trades/Processes which are a pain in the harris.

sage

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

you cant say that, you cant compare your nephews and nieces misfortune with the masses, yes your at a greater risk but if you pass your test at 85 and drive you are more likely to have less hazard perception ability and slower reflex and increase risk factor but lower premium, I had this out when I was on the ABI panel, £6000 is excessive...

It is excessive yes, I'd be amazed if £6k was an accurate average premium for a young driver but still.

Young drivers are a high risk, a lot of insurers wont even touch them so those that do have a higher exposure. I am just highlighting that every young driver i personally know has had an accident, i agree it does mean all do but its not a coincidence they were all young and inexperienced.

The example you have used of an 85 year old I would doubt they would get insurance at all, insurers will rarely quote for anyone 80+ unless they hold the existing business.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

It's not "profit" that is the dirty word - it's the £1.33 billion bit that feels, you know, just a bit dirty when they are ripping off pensioners and other vulnerable people by massively hiking renewals hoping they don't notice.

yeah if you split the type, they profit greatly from Life/Health insurance cover which brings in the money.

Sith Happens
34 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

A holiday isn't a legal requirement..

It was Aviva - underwriting Quotemehappy - that tried that £600 trick..

True, I always used to use that as an example, people always seem happy going in a travel agent and spending money, can be nice and friendyl to the travel agent, yet walk down the road to pay their insurance and act like a total arse to the insurance agent.

16 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It is excessive yes, I'd be amazed if £6k was an accurate average premium for a young driver but still.

Young drivers are a high risk, a lot of insurers wont even touch them so those that do have a higher exposure. I am just highlighting that every young driver i personally know has had an accident, i agree it does mean all do but its not a coincidence they were all young and inexperienced.

The example you have used of an 85 year old I would doubt they would get insurance at all, insurers will rarely quote for anyone 80+ unless they hold the existing business.

no it isn't, its was highlighting the discrepancies between the two polar opposites, I doubt you would leave until 85 to pass your test either :thumbsup:

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

no it isn't, its was highlighting the discrepancies between the two polar opposites, I doubt you would leave until 85 to pass your test either :thumbsup:

I bloody hope not..carnage.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Couldn't get the hair straighteners to work. Anyone know a good electrician.

I'm ignoring that.

my tow bar guy forgot our appointment, he had to meet me on the job,(snigger), I didn't moan though, (giggle), because I know how it feels to get the "where are you" call.

I always tell the truth by the way, I find it's better received than a load of coc n bull about the dog escaping or something, or "I'm coming now" (I'll stop now) Mainly because if you did know You was going to be late You'd let them know. I'd expect the same when I'm waiting.

Regarding the hair straighteners, I think they've never been out the box?

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Vets.

Just took one of our dogs. Turns out she's got a touch of arthritis, a three minute consultation and a box of medicine,  107 flippin' quid. Shysters all of 'em.

Is that all? It cost me nearly a grand in treatment for a rabbit a few years back.

Dentists. Tried to get me to pay £300 for a gold inlay because they couldn't get a filling to stay in. I refused and still have nothing in the tooth where the old filling was. Now they say it's all fine. If it's fine then why did they fill it in the first place??

i went back for my check up. I think it's usually about £19. Apparently I needed yet another scrape and polish. Goodbye to another £59! Pfft! It's like legal robbery, she took less than 10 minutes. 

Archived