Vydra

Jimbo Ram

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

No he hasn't scored goals , granted , but he's not really had a chance under mac has he ? 

He started nearly half the games this season under both managers and came on a sub most games...

He has had plenty of chances to impress including on the training field,

If Mac thought he was good enough,he would be starting.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yeah but he was bought here by the previous management regime to play in a totally different system a couple of weeks later that management regime had gone , Mac comes in with a totally new system and probably wouldn't have signed Vydra . I'm afraid he didn't choose his price tag , we paid it .

He didn't look great uinder Pearson either TBH

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

And Vydra isn't paid to watch either. What if he was given permission to leave? 

If he was given permission to leave I concede that that is fair enough. On the assumption that he didn't leave for an important circumstance and just couldn't be arsed to support his team mates I would find that disgraceful. Vydra is paid to represent Derby, and if I was paid the amount of money he earns I think I could handle sticking around to watch the full game.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If he was given permission to leave I concede that that is fair enough. On the assumption that he didn't leave for an important circumstance and just couldn't be arsed to support his team mates I would find that disgraceful. Vydra is paid to represent Derby, and if I was paid the amount of money he earns I think I could handle sticking around to watch the full game.

Is it really that big of a deal? Other players have left early, other players don't even turn up to matches. What difference to the game would it have made if he had stayed?

Just now, rynny said:

Is it really that big of a deal? Other players have left early, other players don't even turn up to matches. What difference to the game would it have made if he had stayed?

And I think all the other players leaving early is disgraceful, imo. This isn't an attack on Vydra, but for me, all professional footballers are paid so well that it isn't too much effort for them to watch their team. Would have made no difference to the game, but I think it shows respect. Like I said, it's my personal opinion.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So if you're boss said to you, 'I don't want you to do any work today but I want you to come and sit and watch your colleagues all day' you would have no complaints?

The amount he gets paid is irrelevant, that is what his employers decided to offer him.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

So if you're boss said to you, 'I don't want you to do any work today but I want you to come and sit and watch your colleagues all day' you would have no complaints?

The amount he gets paid is irrelevant, that is what his employers decided to offer him.

Comparing all day and 90 minutes is wrong to me. 90 minutes of his time to watch a sport which 26,000 paid to watch for entertaining is hardly a laborious task. It's a completely different situation, so therefore an irrelevant comparison. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Comparing all day and 90 minutes is wrong to me. 90 minutes of his time to watch a sport which 26,000 paid to watch for entertaining is hardly a laborious task. It's a completely different situation, so therefore an irrelevant comparison. 

Well isn't his job to go training every day? 

Completely irrelevant how many people have paid to go watch it.

As far as I am aware he did turn up to watch it and didn't want to hang around at the end (a bit like 10,000 of our magnificent supporters) not sure what the problem is?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well isn't his job to go training every day? 

Completely irrelevant how many people have paid to go watch it.

As far as I am aware he did turn up to watch it and didn't want to hang around at the end (a bit like 10,000 of our magnificent supporters) not sure what the problem is?

Again, I'd argue it does matter how much he is paid. It's a bit different having to go watch your colleagues in a minimum wage job per say as Vydra spending 90 minutes respecting his team mates and his club. I'm mentioning how many people have watched it because you're comparing it to watching people complete menial office tasks. Nonsense. One is a form of entertainment people pay for, another is an activity people dread. I'm just stating my opinion he should stay to the end, what's your issue here?

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Again, I'd argue it does matter how much he is paid. It's a bit different having to go watch your colleagues in a minimum wage job per say as Vydra spending 90 minutes respecting his team mates and his club. I'm mentioning how many people have watched it because you're comparing it to watching people complete menial office tasks. Nonsense. One is a form of entertainment people pay for, another is an activity people dread. I'm just stating my opinion he should stay to the end, what's your issue here?

My issue is people looking for anything to have a pop at the players, management, owner, club about.

If it's a form of entertainment then all of the fans should stay to the end too. If it's ok for them to leave early why not Vydra?

Maybe Vydra dreads turning up for work when he is not playing or knowing if he plays he will most likely and up getting booed or slated by his own supporters.

Just stating my opinion.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

My issue is people looking for anything to have a pop at the players, management, owner, club about.

If it's a form of entertainment then all of the fans should stay to the end too. If it's ok for them to leave early why not Vydra?

Maybe Vydra dreads turning up for work when he is not playing or knowing if he plays he will most likely and up getting booed or slated by his own supporters.

Just stating my opinion.

I'm not even aiming my point just at Vydra, like I said, I'd take issue with any player doing this. 

Do I have to make the point again about Vydra? Fan's pay to go watch, Vydra does not. Fans are not employed as playing staff by Derby County. 

A lot of people dread work. Nothing new. 

I'm aware, but you seem to have taken issue with me expressing mine.

Just now, Andicis said:

I'm not even aiming my point just at Vydra, like I said, I'd take issue with any player doing this. 

Do I have to make the point again about Vydra? Fan's pay to go watch, Vydra does not. Fans are not employed as playing staff by Derby County. 

A lot of people dread work. Nothing new. 

I'm aware, but you seem to have taken issue with me expressing mine.

No issue with you personally.

Vydra clearly not enjoying his time here and not sure what the issue is with him leaving early, pretty sure most of us will have snuck out early at some point during our career.

Archived