Changing to Puma?

StarterForTen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Adidas and Umbro kits, leisurewear etc top all the others by a country mile. Same goes for Adidas boots, and trainers etc.

If we can't have either of them, then we should be wearing Lacoste and all our players should have a wedge haircut!

UnderArmour is the best. Protect this house ! 

9 hours ago, SKRam said:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/apr/07/avoid-football-kit-logos-sponsorship.     This is an interesting read. An ethical kit would be stunning, as would a sponsor with similar beliefs. Hope Mel can take a lead 

9 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

What? "Guardian" and "Interesting Read" in the same paragraph?

I'm impressed.

Your scepticism was appropriate. It's a pointless article that says nothing of substance.

On sponsorship, I have always maintained the Just Eat deal was incredible, getting a respected multinational brand on the shirt when almost every other club has loan sharks, gambling companies or beer. Or in the gumps case, no one would sponsor them. Never understood the dislike of it.

The Puma shirts (still got the blue away kit) were incredible and homage to the Pride Park anniversary with something similar would be very cool.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Your scepticism was appropriate. It's a pointless article that says nothing of substance.

On sponsorship, I have always maintained the Just Eat deal was incredible, getting a respected multinational brand on the shirt when almost every other club has loan sharks, gambling companies or beer. Or in the gumps case, no one would sponsor them. Never understood the dislike of it.

The Puma shirts (still got the blue away kit) were incredible and homage to the Pride Park anniversary with something similar would be very cool.

Hmmmm, Just Eat 'a respected multinational brand' . Surely encouraging people to eat more in the face or belly more appropriately, of the obesity crisis we have in this country ?!!  Well Mr S I guess you could try that line at your local NHS? Let me know their reply please :unsure:

4 hours ago, SKRam said:

Hmmmm, Just Eat 'a respected multinational brand' . Surely encouraging people to eat more in the face or belly more appropriately, of the obesity crisis we have in this country ?!!  Well Mr S I guess you could try that line at your local NHS? Let me know their reply please :unsure:

Are they encouraging people to eat more, or providing a service to those who want to order take away food a more convenient way of doing it and to assist small businesses compete in the cut throat and competitive world of local take aways? Playing devils advocate a little bit. Obviously, it is better for them if more people are ordering, but I doubt they've been responsible for significant increases in obesity levels or introducing people to the phenomena of a pizza delivered to the door, when before they were only eating salad.

I'm with Mr S, can't really understand the hullabaloo over the sponsors.  In any event, I reckon they are better than companies encouraging people to get into debt or throw money away gambling.  

Forgetting all that nonsense, I really do hope that this is true. Puma made some great kits, most of which I still have. 

22 hours ago, LazloW said:

Are they encouraging people to eat more, or providing a service to those who want to order take away food a more convenient way of doing it and to assist small businesses compete in the cut throat and competitive world of local take aways? Playing devils advocate a little bit. Obviously, it is better for them if more people are ordering, but I doubt they've been responsible for significant increases in obesity levels or introducing people to the phenomena of a pizza delivered to the door, when before they were only eating salad.

I'm with Mr S, can't really understand the hullabaloo over the sponsors.  In any event, I reckon they are better than companies encouraging people to get into debt or throw money away gambling.  

Forgetting all that nonsense, I really do hope that this is true. Puma made some great kits, most of which I still have. 

I guess it'll have to be saved for another day LazloW, this could get heavy!! 

I'm aiming to get out later for a few scoops so I'll have acknowledge your points without agreeing..... much.  :)

I've got the miniature kit in my car, so Just Eat are getting plenty of advertising there but Bombardier would be great to have back. I've stopped buying replica shirts as I've stockpiled all the previous and never wear them. 

I did like Kappa but look forward to seeing what Puma come up with if it's true as you say :D

Archived