Sales Order

sage

28 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think we would make a large profit on Ince. Think we'll get 10m for him and we should cash in, this will go a long way to making up the money we lose on Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Shackell, Weimann who I would definitely ship out.

But how are we going to replace Ince, if we use the money to pay off contracts/write off losses on players? Any proven championship winger is going to be going for the same kind if money we get for Ince, so it's either a youngster on loan or take a punt on a lower league or foreign player.

We need to be keeping Ince, Hughes, Thorne, Martin etc and building around them.  Not flogging them because transfer prices are high at the moment.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

We're never going to shift all of them, and obviously some are less suited to our squad than others, and we probably don't want that massive a turnaround in the squad either.  I'd certainly sell any of them for maybe 65% of what we paid for them, if we get offers.  Beyond that, I'd maybe try and get some out on loan to reduce the squad size and wage-bill. If we could do something like (in terms of sales):

Blackman £2m

Weimann £1.5m

Camara £1.5m (probably back to France somewhere)

Vydra (out on loan)

Shackell £1.5m

Olsson £500k

I'd be pretty happy.  Obviously some of those are more likely than others.  Maybe move one of Butterfield or Johnson if we get a reasonable offer, otherwise keep as backups.  Keep Anya as a versatile squad player.

You're very optimistic I would dare to suggest that Blackman and Weimann will both be here until their contracts expire and leave as free agents, probably ditto Shackell. 

16 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I'm getting to that point where I don't really care who we sell any more - on the proviso that we get a decent fee for our better players, they are all available as far as I'm concerned. There is so little character amongst the current squad and so few who appear to care about playing for the team that if we start next season with a completely new squad, I'd be more than happy....

There's no doubt that we have players in our squad who are more than good enough to win promotion. However, the key is adding to them and instilling such a willingness to win that over the course of the season we win enough points.

So personality becomes every bit as important as talent. 

If golden boys such as Hughes and Ince don't have the desire we should cash in. Only the manager can determine that.

The team which finishes top of the league is usually the one that works the hardest showing  a sheer bloody-minded refusal to accept defeat.

We are a long way from that.

Archived