Sales Order

sage

Obviously we need to sell a lot of players. Some we may be eager to get rid of but also some of our better players may have had enough of the stasis. I appreciate we may get offers we can't refuse, but for this thread base it on what you perceive their transfer value to be.

So, in what order would you seek to rid us of current senior players.

Blackman

Weimann

Camara

Vydra

Roos

Bent

Baird

Shackell

Olsson

Christie

Johnson

Bryson

Anya

Pearce

Nugent

Russell

Butterfield

Ince

Martin

Hughes

Thorne

Forsyth

Keogh

Carson

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone that we've paid money for in the last 18 months, barring Ince, can go.  I don't care in what order.  Everyone else can stay.  

And the fact that that's a even sensible statement to make is a hell of a damning indictment of our recruitment over that time.

20 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Anyone that we've paid money for in the last 18 months, barring Ince, can go.  I don't care in what order.  Everyone else can stay.  

And the fact that that's a even sensible statement to make is a hell of a damning indictment of our recruitment over that time.

does it matter how much they are sold for?

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

does it matter how much they are sold for?

We're never going to shift all of them, and obviously some are less suited to our squad than others, and we probably don't want that massive a turnaround in the squad either.  I'd certainly sell any of them for maybe 65% of what we paid for them, if we get offers.  Beyond that, I'd maybe try and get some out on loan to reduce the squad size and wage-bill. If we could do something like (in terms of sales):

Blackman £2m

Weimann £1.5m

Camara £1.5m (probably back to France somewhere)

Vydra (out on loan)

Shackell £1.5m

Olsson £500k

I'd be pretty happy.  Obviously some of those are more likely than others.  Maybe move one of Butterfield or Johnson if we get a reasonable offer, otherwise keep as backups.  Keep Anya as a versatile squad player.

I'm getting to that point where I don't really care who we sell any more - on the proviso that we get a decent fee for our better players, they are all available as far as I'm concerned. There is so little character amongst the current squad and so few who appear to care about playing for the team that if we start next season with a completely new squad, I'd be more than happy....

It will all depend on whether Mel and his boys are prepared to take massive losses on anyone we ship out. If they aren't then we are going to be lumbered with donkeys like Blackman and Camara until their contracts run out. 

How many players would we actually be able to sell and still turn a profit on right now...?

William (of course)....then...?

i can't think of many more.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It will all depend on whether Mel and his boys are prepared to take massive losses on anyone we ship out. If they aren't then we are going to be lumbered with donkeys like Blackman and Camara until their contracts run out. 

How many players would we actually be able to sell and still turn a profit on right now...?

William (of course)....then...?

i can't think of many more.

Martin

Carson

JR

Ince

Christie

Butterfield?

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

you think we would make money on Ince and Butterfield..?

(I totally forgot about Martin....! Thanks Pearson..)

Ince yes, Butterfield maybe. There's been some crazy prices paid recently. Deffo if we went up! ;)

I really believe we as fans have become blinded to the fact that football is a team game , I've been confused for some time by our ability to take , well thought of , in form players ( even early form with us) and turn them into a list of individual players who are so poor that we can't give them away ,,, you know what all these recruitments can't be bad buys , poor players ,,, they were brought here because in the main they were functioning and performing well in other TEAMS , forget 442, 433 4231 or any other derivative that we claim these players are not suited to or can't play in , the latest poor run is a 433 formation and every bit as poor and similar to watch as the poor run in 442 under Pearson , we need a manager that can build a team with team spirit , fight and belief ( the talent is there in the main) ,,, clough built us a team and Mac coached it to better things ,,, the big question is can Mac build a team? 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I can see the days of paying up contracts again..... or cancelled by mutual consent. 

I'm not sure that makes sense anymore - you're taking all of the FFP loss in 1 season then, with only a reduced transfer fee to cover part of it.  I suspect we'll see a few of the more expensive buys go out on loan, like Weimann has this season.  It saves some of the wages, hopefully bumps their value up a bit if they do well, and the FFP loss is staggered over a few more seasons.

3 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Mostly (hypothetically) agree, I would move Johnson further up (down?) your list, probably after Russell, and Thorne/Forsyth to the same place, as unfortunately they're too injury prone to build a team around.

Thorne is not injury prone hes just very unlucky! Jamie wards hamstrings are injury prone theres a difference! Cant class ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament and a double broken leg as injury prone!

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm not sure that makes sense anymore - you're taking all of the FFP loss in 1 season then, with only a reduced transfer fee to cover part of it.  I suspect we'll see a few of the more expensive buys go out on loan, like Weimann has this season.  It saves some of the wages, hopefully bumps their value up a bit if they do well, and the FFP loss is staggered over a few more seasons.

I was meaning some of youth/u23 going.....

Imagine Bent and Baird will seek pastures new.

2 hours ago, archied said:

clough built us a team and Mac coached it to better things ,,, the big question is can Mac build a team? 

yes, got to have time though he can't do anything without a good transfer window. plus the 'also rans' in the squad might have got the hint by summer!

I think we would make a large profit on Ince. Think we'll get 10m for him and we should cash in, this will go a long way to making up the money we lose on Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Shackell, Weimann who I would definitely ship out.

Id perservere with Vydra, see how he plays with Martin next season. I'm convinced there is still a good player there, he's been played out of position since McC came in.

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think we would make a large profit on Ince. Think we'll get 10m for him and we should cash in, this will go a long way to making up the money we lose on Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Shackell, Weimann who I would definitely ship out.

Id perservere with Vydra, see how he plays with Martin next season. I'm convinced there is still a good player there, he's been played out of position since McC came in.

This is problem though, we'd be better selling Vydra and keeping Ince but where's the money in that?!

Archived