Ramsplayer

therealhantsram

5 hours ago, thederbyram said:

Would have thought they'd have a video show before and after the game. Just can't show the game due to licensing. Gibson alongside Edworthy & Johnson probably..

If you look on the RamsTV section of the website it tells you what the format of the match coverage will be - this also says that the pre and post match video shows will be available to watch for free.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/live-stream

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As an out of area dweller, I'm hopeful.

I also hope highlights/full90 can get put up earlier ( although I guess there will be license restrictions from EDL/Sky)

Not sure the English Defence League have much to do with broadcasting licenses :lol:;)

On 2017-6-15 at 09:18, Kennington Ram said:

RamsPlayer subs will let you watch from abroad? Time to invest in a good VPN I think :)

IPvanish is the best I've found so far. 

Looking forward to being able to watch every match...don't think the missus will be too impressed tho.

18 minutes ago, Hinzy9 said:

IPvanish is the best I've found so far. 

Looking forward to being able to watch every match...don't think the missus will be too impressed tho.

How do these things works? I trialled a couple that give you a free taster but you pay for more on our last hols. They worked when connecting to iPlayer, Talkradio etc via a browser but not via their apps. Would the above work with Sky and BT Sport?

53 minutes ago, David said:

Can we not discuss methods of being naughty and relocating yourself to watch the clubs live streams, they do read these forums. Thanking you. 

It's not being naughty to use a VPN, it how it's used and so don't ask. But I don't suppose Mel would be bothered, he wants a wider audience!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's not being naughty to use a VPN, it how it's used and so don't ask. But I don't suppose Mel would be bothered, he wants a wider audience!

The club can not show live streams to residents of the UK. Using a VPN is being naughty to get around this, as such I'm asking for no discussions on this. It is in the forums usage terms. 

https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

2 hours ago, David said:

The club can not show live streams to residents of the UK. Using a VPN is being naughty to get around this, as such I'm asking for no discussions on this. It is in the forums usage terms. 

https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

OK. But I've no intention of taking out a RamsTV live stream sub. I wanted info (in laymans terms) about VPNs and which were 'real and safe' to use.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OK. But I've no intention of taking out a RamsTV live stream sub. I wanted info (in laymans terms) about VPNs and which were 'real and safe' to use.

Fair enough but when it's being discussed in a topic on the clubs live streaming service where geo spoofing through a VPN would make it possible to watch inside the UK, doesn't need a calculator to put 2 and 2 together.

You then go on to suggest Mel wouldn't be bothered as it would give him extra viewers, can't say I've spoken to him on this but I'm sure he would distance himself from such comments.

The club will have to ensure the service is only accessible to residents outside the UK as they are under the EFL broadcasting contract which is up in 2 years I believe. 

VPN's themselves are not illegal but they can be used for illegal activities, same as Kodi boxes. They are real, they do work, but as with anything you use on the internet it could potentially be full of malware and viruses, try and do as much research before downloading. 

Just now, David said:

VPN's themselves are not illegal but they can be used for illegal activities, same as Kodi boxes. They are real, they do work, but as with anything you use on the internet it could potentially be full of malware and viruses, try and do as much research before downloading. 

Which is just what I was trying to do, as the poster mentioned one and seemed to know about them. I mentioned them on the holiday thread too when I was trying a couple out, they kind of worked but I don't know why they didn't seem to work in the apps.

Anyway I was just winding you up a bit about Mel not minding, but he surely wants to grow DCFC's online audience. :)

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Anyway I was just winding you up a bit about Mel not minding, but he surely wants to grow DCFC's online audience. :)

Think it's a tricky one to be honest, ideal world you fill Pride Park and sell streaming packages with no restrictions, pulling numbers out my arse here but say games are £5 to stream, would we see crowds drop at games? Less likely to travel to Ipswich on a Tuesday night if you can watch at home in glorious HD and be in bed at a reasonable time?

I honestly don't know Mel's stance on streaming from within the U.K., if it's something he would like to do or not once the contract is up, we know he's after a better deal but is that just TV money from Sky or what, no idea. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Think it's a tricky one to be honest, ideal world you fill Pride Park and sell streaming packages with no restrictions, pulling numbers out my arse here but say games are £5 to stream, would we see crowds drop at games? Less likely to travel to Ipswich on a Tuesday night if you can watch at home in glorious HD and be in bed at a reasonable time?

If the pricing is 'sensible', with the fans that Derby have - we're a football city! - then I see no reason why the stadium couldn't be filled and the extra income from streaming add more money in to the pot. Maybe ticket prices need looking at too - for me £20 is *more* than plenty. I think the away fans are a different ball-game, err market. :D

Yeah I mean I saw the ticket office yesterday tweet we've sold 19k season tickets so far, add 2k away fans and you have a healthy Championship attendance. 

The question is how many are hardcore and wouldn't be tempted by a streaming ST instead, do you charge the same as a match ticket? Still works out cheaper than going or would that price people out of it? Not sure. 

Be interesting to see what the prices are this season for outside the U.K.

1 minute ago, David said:

Yeah I mean I saw the ticket office yesterday tweet we've sold 19k season tickets so far, add 2k away fans and you have a healthy Championship attendance. 

The question is how many are hardcore and wouldn't be tempted by a streaming ST instead, do you charge the same as a match ticket? Still works out cheaper than going or would that price people out of it? Not sure. 

Be interesting to see what the prices are this season for outside the U.K.

You do what they do in the US... only show games if a given % of the tickets are sold. If they aren't, the game isn't available to stream.

I've always liked the idea of having a points scheme, you could earn them by attending games and buying merchandise.

Points are then used for ticket priority, scrapping the memberships. Could also allow points to offer discounted streams or even free passes for the super fans like DEL that can't make just one game all season.

That way you can sell season streaming tickets as well, the US away you would only be able to sell individual games.

9 minutes ago, David said:

I've always liked the idea of having a points scheme, you could earn them by attending games and buying merchandise.

Like a loyalty card. You'd need to have collected so many DCFC points before you're allowed to buy a half and half scarf?!

Archived