Derbys Room 101

ossieram

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

People leaving for half time pies etc anything up to 10 minutes before half time is worse as well as people returning to their seat anything up to 10 minutes after half time forcing everyone to stand up again to let them in.

You pay upwards of 25 quid a ticket and are prepared to miss 10 minutes of a game where key incidents could happen just so you can get a pie. Can it really not wait or maybe buy a pie before you go in, put it away and keep it lukewarm then whip it out upon the half time whistle and you need not leave your seat! Job done!

But haven't you said earlier that they should be allowed to eat pies in their seats?

Apologies - just seen this has already been pointed out.

OK- get rid of these new floodlights - it's like 146 glaring suns shining down on you. Club should issue everyone with sunglasses!

So just to clarify. :blink:

Eating pies in your seat should be banished to room 101 unless you eat it properly and quietly and also only if you've brought it in with you rather than left your seat 10 minutes before half time to purchase it and returned to your seat 5 or 10 minutes after half time. Got that everyone! ;):whistle:

2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Some, like myself often do through necessity and not choice due to health. Also sometimes the person who accompanies me is a little infirm and needs to leave before the rush so that she doesn't worry about standing on steps surrounded or getting knocked about. Funny how I told RoyMac5 on another thread about things being black or white when this is a case of RoyMac being absolutely correct and there are loads of mitigating circumstances why people leave early.

I do agree though Rich that the sheer numbers of people that leave early is staggering. Surely not everyone has a pressing reason to do so. Some even leave when there is only a goal in it. I'm a great believer in balance. If you leave a game early to show your displeasure because the team have been poor and battered 4-0 then you should be prepared to stay behind the following week if the team does well and wins to applaud the players. Again, though. Not always possible with some.

Whilst I agree with some that have requirements to...but it's those that dawdle down the steps and stop if anything is breaking blocking the views of others....or even stranger those that leave early and sit on the football coach a good 10 mins before the end so they can get "their" seat?!?! (Before anyone asks I have on occasions had to leave early through being on call at work therefore witnessed it first hand! )

Archived