England Rugby 2017

froggg

1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

I saw that earlier on in the week. You must be worried now? 

Already was - absolutely ******* it now! Joking aside, thank the lord we've got the rugby to cheer us up! Daren't even look at some of the threads at the moment, not that I blame folk for being pissed off.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26 Feb 2017 at 20:23, CWC1983 said:

Eddie Jones comments after the match were a joke. He got outcoached in the first half and didn't like it. Pathetic reference to Chappell. He then tried to shift the pressure onto Scotland for the next match.

England should canter the 6 nations this year, but have played poorly against France and Italy. Strength in depth will come to the fore in the next 2 games. 

I like your posts CWC but I disagree on the Eddies comments being a joke. He is very shrewd in what he says and why. 

He will know for sure something went badly wrong in preparation for what happened out there and even worse was England's reaction to it. He would be trying to, and succeeding in getting a rise for the next performance. 

Strange half to say the least. I'm not a fan of Italy pushing the letters of law in rugby since they first entered the tournament. This " tactic" to me showed they can't cope with the game at our level currently. Some call it smart. Hmmm....maybe. I hope it's not a sign of things to come!! As a spectacle it's not much to watch. 

I didn't care for Eddies " Trevor Chappell" likening much. I'd say it was more a boxer dancing around trying to win by not throwing many punches and confusing the opponent. 

2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

I like your posts CWC but I disagree on the Eddies comments being a joke. He is very shrewd in what he says and why. 

He will know for sure something went badly wrong in preparation for what happened out there and even worse was England's reaction to it. He would be trying to, and succeeding in getting a rise for the next performance. 

Strange half to say the least. I'm not a fan of Italy pushing the letters of law in rugby since they first entered the tournament. This " tactic" to me showed they can't cope with the game at our level currently. Some call it smart. Hmmm....maybe. I hope it's not a sign of things to come!! As a spectacle it's not much to watch. 

I didn't care for Eddies " Trevor Chappell" likening much. I'd say it was more a boxer dancing around trying to win by not throwing many punches and confusing the opponent. 

Ach, he gets my hackles up. Don't tell anyone, but I'm secretly scared he might actually get England punching to their weight. 

Its every Scots fear that the England rugby and football team will become world beaters.......

This England Rugby team has all the credentials to win the next world cup. 

I thought Jones could of been a bit more gracious last week. I feel for Italy, the press were slating them all week and they had to.try something different. 

All water under the bridge now, I've a week of watching Braveheart and Murryfield 1990 to build up.to next Saturday .....????

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Ach, he gets my hackles up. Don't tell anyone, but I'm secretly scared he might actually get England punching to their weight. 

Its every Scots fear that the England rugby and football team will become world beaters.......

I thought Jones could of been a bit more gracious last week. I feel for Italy, the press were slating them all week and they had to.try something different. 

All water under the bridge now, I've a week of watching Braveheart and Murryfield 1990 to build up.to next Saturday .....????

Love this post! 

On a separate note - be afraid, be very afraid LOL

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/vunipola-could-face-scotland/

11 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Ahhh Murrayfield 1990... Was that when Craig Chalmers showed how graceful in victory he could be? :ph34r:

Eddie is an Aussie mate. You wait for his comments when England do eventually lose. Lol.

Superb performance from the lads today, 1 through 15 and the bench as well. Next week will be a sterner test but you'd have to think that if we turn up with the same mindset as today that it could well be back to back Grand Slams for the first time since 1991-92. If only our beloved Rams were showing the same levels of determination and consistency. I daren't even look at the Brighton matchday thread!

Just now, 86 points said:

Superb performance from the lads today, 1 through 15 and the bench as well. Next week will be a sterner test but you'd have to think that if we turn up with the same mindset as today that it could well be back to back Grand Slams for the first time since 1991-92. If only our beloved Rams were showing the same levels of determination and consistency. I daren't even look at the Brighton matchday thread!

Best avoided fella. 

Apart from the occasional pearls of wisdom from yours truly of course :thumbsup:

Brilliant display by England, exactly what I was fearing. Attacking off the line out completely caught our defence out. Keep that level up and it's a shoot out with NZ for the next world cup. Win against Italy next week and it's a good 6 nations for us. 

Next year at Murryfield and we will have you........

9 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Brilliant display by England, exactly what I was fearing. Attacking off the line out completely caught our defence out. Keep that level up and it's a shoot out with NZ for the next world cup. Win against Italy next week and it's a good 6 nations for us. 

Always a tough fixture up there in Edingurgh CWC. Yes mate England hit a much better level of hands and line speed today. It was impressive but Scotland were rattled early doors and played much better 2nd half I thought. I know Vern and Barclay were very humble after the match in front of the media and refused to blame injuries. Respect to them for that. However it does make a huge difference to Scotland losing the likes of Laidlaw and Hogg. They simply don't have the pool of resources England do to pick from. No crowing from me. I'm in Eddies camp...improve improve improve. Try to every game. Then, like class of 03 , you might one day be the best. 

14 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Hard lines @CWC1983 - it's sod's law that the season your lot are playing well and in with a chance of a Triple Crown is the first time for a while England have played well for the full 80. The early yellow card really didn't help your cause - I suspect Vern was going nuts as it was completely unnecessary and gave an already well-motivated England side the breathing space to relax and play relatively free of pressure. It's probably going to sound a bit daft but I actually think the Scottish lads were a little too pumped up for the game, if anything.

For what it's worth, I think they'll comfortably dispose of Italy, despite the mounting injury list and can at very least end the 6N knowing they are moving in the right direction, as can England. The same can't be said of any of the other nations right now though I suspect we'll see a very highly motivated Ireland at the Aviva on the final weekend.

It'll be interesting to see what Gregor can do with them next year. He's clearly a very talented coach (not that Cotter is any kind of slouch!) and I'd be surprised if your lads don't take another significant step forward under his stewardship. The Calcutta Cup should be an absolute belter and I'm going to see if the boy and I can head up to Edinburgh as we've never been. Best of luck for next week though I don't see the result being in any doubt at all!

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

Hard lines @CWC1983 - it's sod's law that the season your lot are playing well and in with a chance of a Triple Crown is the first time for a while England have played well for the full 80. The early yellow card really didn't help your cause - I suspect Vern was going nuts as it was completely unnecessary and gave an already well-motivated England side the breathing space to relax and play relatively free of pressure. It's probably going to sound a bit daft but I actually think the Scottish lads were a little too pumped up for the game, if anything.

For what it's worth, I think they'll comfortably dispose of Italy, despite the mounting injury list and can at very least end the 6N knowing they are moving in the right direction, as can England. The same can't be said of any of the other nations right now though I suspect we'll see a very highly motivated Ireland at the Aviva on the final weekend.

It'll be interesting to see what Gregor can do with them next year. He's clearly a very talented coach (not that Cotter is any kind of slouch!) and I'd be surprised if your lads don't take another significant step forward under his stewardship. The Calcutta Cup should be an absolute belter and I'm going to see if the boy and I can head up to Edinburgh as we've never been. Best of luck for next week though I don't see the result being in any doubt at all!

Agree totally about over pumped. I'd go further. Seems Wales and Scotland recently want to store up extra adrenalin for England. Ireland used to do it but not so much these days. They have worked out to balance the hype across the games. 

Two or three years ago ( first of the Friday nighters at Cardiff) Wales had been on full pump all week. The whole country it seemed. Stereo phonics singing their " let's beat England song" on the radios 24/7... Come the night...come the anthems..Nowt in the tank but a splutter. 

I think you need to temper aggression throughout the build up. Slowly slowly and let it come out steady and when necessary. 

5 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Agree totally about over pumped. I'd go further. Seems Wales and Scotland recently want to store up extra adrenalin for England. Ireland used to do it but not so much these days. They have worked out to balance the hype across the games. 

Two or three years ago ( first of the Friday nighters at Cardiff) Wales had been on full pump all week. The whole country it seemed. Stereo phonics singing their " let's beat England song" on the radios 24/7... Come the night...come the anthems..Nowt in the tank but a splutter. 

I think you need to temper aggression throughout the build up. Slowly slowly and let it come out steady and when necessary. 

Spot on - Jonny Wilkinson spoke of the need to 'channel aggression' and also how nerves could be used to one's benefit not detriment. It's the equivalent of a boxer resisting the urge to come up flailing and finding himself punched out after 4 rounds. The Elliot Daly tackle against the Argies was another example. No real intent to cause harm, just let the adrenaline overriding his his brain functions! I don't think Scotland did themselves justice and I reckon they'll be a handful next year. That said, we'll be that much stronger too.

Archived