England Rugby 2017

froggg

24 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Agree totally about over pumped. I'd go further. Seems Wales and Scotland recently want to store up extra adrenalin for England. Ireland used to do it but not so much these days. They have worked out to balance the hype across the games. 

Two or three years ago ( first of the Friday nighters at Cardiff) Wales had been on full pump all week. The whole country it seemed. Stereo phonics singing their " let's beat England song" on the radios 24/7... Come the night...come the anthems..Nowt in the tank but a splutter. 

I think you need to temper aggression throughout the build up. Slowly slowly and let it come out steady and when necessary. 

It's a relatively young squad of players that will be a year older and wiser. If they keep progressing then we will be competitive for the next 5 years, and to be honest that's all we expect.

England and France at home gives us a punchers chance of a home win and we might win one of the other 3 away from home. 

It will be interesting to see what impact Gregor has as an international coach. Richard Cockerill is taking the Edinburgh job next season, so hopefully we have 2 strong regions competing in the pro 12. 

Might make the trip to Cardiff next year, and possibly Edinburgh to see us reclaim the Calcutta cup......

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Gosh...2 days to go. I have butterflys already..... 

Can't wait. There's folk saying Ireland have little to play for but it's Paddy's weekend, they can still finish runners up, there's the 4th seeding slot for RWC19 and the fact they can stop us winning a Grand Slam. I'd say it's going to be pretty damn lively myself! If we get beat and the Gumps turn us over as well I'd imagine the cat will be laying low for a week or two though!

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I saw an MSN item that Conor Murray was out. Big miss for the Irish if so.

Yup he is out Hants... as is Kearny. Henderson replaces Toner who has had a misery of a tournament...would be very lucky to be selected for Lions on this 6 Nations showing. Henderson and Payne will bring something different. More calmness. Payne is an astute defender and quick organiser. 

Eddie excpects high balls so picks three " fullbacks" for 11,14,15.... Brown and 2 fullbacks in waiting I would say. 

Yeah Murray is out and it is a big miss. Haven't been too impressed with Ireland during this 6 Nations. No chance of Ireland not being up for it even though the title is done and dusted, so if England do win.it will be on merit not because Ireland had nothing to play for.

Can't see anything other than an England win myself, too well organised with too much power all over the pitch and on the bench.  Still, it's competitive sport, nothing is predetermined there is always hope ;),

34 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Yup he is out Hants... as is Kearny. Henderson replaces Toner who has had a misery of a tournament...would be very lucky to be selected for Lions on this 6 Nations showing. Henderson and Payne will bring something different. More calmness. Payne is an astute defender and quick organiser. 

Eddie excpects high balls so picks three " fullbacks" for 11,14,15.... Brown and 2 fullbacks in waiting I would say. 

Cheers @StockholmRam- good info

:thumbsup:

I'd like to think Eddie will be telling his 6 7 and 9 to attack the 9 channel and slow down/disrupt the ball getting away from the breakdown so we can then get up into sextons face. That way we can be on the front foot and make Ireland try to play our game.

16 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Cheers @StockholmRam- good info

:thumbsup:

I'd like to think Eddie will be telling his 6 7 and 9 to attack the 9 channel and slow down/disrupt the ball getting away from the breakdown so we can then get up into sextons face. That way we can be on the front foot and make Ireland try to play our game.

That's the key. Sexton shut out. 

That result has tipped the day into crap. 

A last minute equaliser at gump central was just about bearable but trust the micks to conjure up a rainy day in Dublin and then ruin our party.

Was a relatively poor performance by England and Ireland were cute at getting bodies in the way and a bit of holding our guys in rucks but generally we gave important areas away.

Losing our line out throw on their 22 symptomatic. 

On 3/17/2017 at 15:32, Highgate said:

Yeah Murray is out and it is a big miss. Haven't been too impressed with Ireland during this 6 Nations. No chance of Ireland not being up for it even though the title is done and dusted, so if England do win.it will be on merit not because Ireland had nothing to play for.

Can't see anything other than an England win myself, too well organised with too much power all over the pitch and on the bench.  Still, it's competitive sport, nothing is predetermined there is always hope ;),

I'm glad that clown knows nothing about rugby. What a sweet victory! Still, well done England, champions again.

On 3/18/2017 at 21:35, Highgate said:

I'm glad that clown knows nothing about rugby. What a sweet victory! Still, well done England, champions again.

Hahaha. Bit gutted by not so much the result but the way we played if I'm honest. I think Ireland stuck to the likely script and we should have been able to cope better. Too many silly mistakes but all power to the Irish lads who thoroughly deserved the win. The GS with both Ireland and Wales away was always going to be tough I guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
20 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

@Highgate

Don't suppose you have any contacts for 6 nations tickets in Dublin. 

Looking to see Scotland in either Cardiff or Dublin but don't want to pay viagoggo the best part of £200 for a ticket.

Would like to help you out but I'm not a rugby person at all really. Never been to an Ireland rugby match in my life, not even a Munster game, which is a poor effort on my part I'll admit.

Will watch the Six Nations games on TV, but that's the extent of my interest. If a ticket contact happens to materialize, I will let you know, otherwise, best of luck finding a reasonably priced ticket!

31 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Would like to help you out but I'm not a rugby person at all really. Never been to an Ireland rugby match in my life, not even a Munster game, which is a poor effort on my part I'll admit.

Will watch the Six Nations games on TV, but that's the extent of my interest. If a ticket contact happens to materialize, I will let you know, otherwise, best of luck finding a reasonably priced ticket!

I've been to 2 internationals, so I'm hardly a regular myself. This is Scotland's grand slam season...... so I need to participate......

thanks anyway ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2017 at 00:20, CWC1983 said:

I've been to 2 internationals, so I'm hardly a regular myself. This is Scotland's grand slam season...... so I need to participate......

thanks anyway ?

????? Does that translate to ‘we might beat Italy and not get the wooden spoon’ ?

Archived