Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Some Brentford fans and people on twitter saying that Brentford only want £8m for him... Strange when I swear they wanted in excess of £10m a few months ago.

Closer it gets to the start of the season the lower the fee will get. They'll want to do business soon so they can reinvest in their squad. He's a very good player but 10m? 7-8m sounds more realistic.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Some Brentford fans and people on twitter saying that Brentford only want £8m for him... Strange when I swear they wanted in excess of £10m a few months ago.

Really? Interesting...

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think weimann is fine, but we have lots of strikers but no one to give them the ball. 

Weimann, Anya, nugent, martin, bent, Blackman. But no wingers and no creative midfield players. Such a disjointed squad... Going into a pre season tour that's bad. 

I think I get what you mean but I would have worded it differently. Do you mean we're lacking 'a spark'? Because I'd put Anya and Weimann down as wingers (as opposed to inside forwards), and Butterfield a creative midfielder. But those players seem to lack that match-winning capability.

46 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would be class, but highly doubt we could get Jota for that fee :(

£8m was the fee touted in the press a few weeks ago hence why I came up with that figure. If we paid it but not all up upfront as I put it would be good business. Don't forget he was on loan abroad until xmas and only played three times scoring zero goals before his purple patch when he returned to Brentford.

it is an IF but would be good imo

9 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

I think I get what you mean but I would have worded it differently. Do you mean we're lacking 'a spark'? Because I'd put Anya and Weimann down as wingers (as opposed to inside forwards), and Butterfield a creative midfielder. But those players seem to lack that match-winning capability.

Weimann has never been a winger.

Just got an old gits season ticket at West Ham. It's up in the gods but at £145 not bad value. And I can see what Ince is like on 9 September when 'uddersfield play there

40 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

He used to play right wing for Villa. Always gets stuck on the left for us which he isn't talented enough to perform in. 

And he was terrible there. When he signed, Villa fans were quick to tell us that he might work out but only in the centre.

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

And he was terrible there. When he signed, Villa fans were quick to tell us that he might work out but only in the centre.

Yep - getting moved out wide was the beginning of the end for him. 

Weimann's best spell at Villa was when he played up top with Benteke in a 4-4-2

Good luck Tom. Really can't blame him for wanting to try his luck in the PL. He's done enough here to show that he deserves another crack at the top flight.

I hope it works out for him and I hope we go out & replace him with  genuine quality that we can get excited about again.

12 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I thought he was getting loads of praise when he was in a front three of Agbonlahor - Carew - Weimann?

2 hours ago, t'oldu said:

At least Ince and Will will get to play at the clubs they have gone to. We forget they are unproven at Prem.. level  ( discount Blackpools adventure).   AT bigger clubs they would disappear onto the bench/ into the squad/ or be loaned out back to a Championship club. This way they have chance to prove they  can hack it and then move on to a bigger club in which case we will get a further payment,,,,,,,,, hopefully.   And if the rumours about Will's contribution to our debts at Watford are true then he earned us more money than stated.

Rumours?

I have a strong sense that the only signings in this window will be oportunistic ones rather than any high fee headline grabbers. We have been operating as a spending club for quite a while and logic says to me that it isn't sustainable. Need some cash in numbers and the wages bill down. So replacing Ince with a new "star" name is IMO less than likely 

There's a sad parallel to be made between us and Fulham this summer.

Not long ago they were floundering around mid-table, looking set for a long stay in the Championship, while we looked set to challenge for an automatic promotion spot.

Now, on the day we sell our best player to Huddersfield fu57ing Town, they sign theirs onto a new long-term contract, after spurning interest of around £20m.

Football's a funny old game. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

There's a sad parallel to be made between us and Fulham this summer.

Not long ago they were floundering around mid-table, looking set for a long stay in the Championship, while we looked set to challenge for an automatic promotion spot.

Now, on the day we sell our best player to Huddersfield fu57ing Town, they sign theirs onto a new long-term contract, after spurning interest of around £20m.

Football's a funny old game. 

Or there manager sees Cairney more of a pivotal point in his team than Rowett does Ince. 

Archived