Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

SM: "It would be wrong if we weren't searching for players to improve our squad.

"The opportunity arose, we put a bid in which was rejected and that's about it as far as I know.

"It's quite difficult to contact Forest at the moment, so we'll have to wait and see what happens."

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-pre-match-press-conference-live-updates/story-30033318-detail/story.html#ddTlbz5IQlMQmU1C.99

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

"But the deal is a very long way down the line – and reached a stage many weeks ago where, the Post understands, the American consortium contractually should have a say on any major decisions made by the club, when it comes to player recruitment, player sales, contracts and the future of head coach Philippe Montanier.

And it is understood that significant financial penalties could be incurred if current owner Fawaz Al Hasawi veers away from these stipulations; if he makes any major decisions without the approval of all parties involved."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-facing-fight-to-keep-three-key-players-as-takover-saga-continues/story-30030483-detail/story.html#PuEVWUvlJWXw3RTO.99 

My thoughts confirmed then, be why Villa are still waiting for a reply. Americans would want to step foot in the ground, appoint staff and take the Kuwaiti flag down before they sanction any transfers you would imagine.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Y'know Fawaz and Mel get on pretty well, right?

I'm sure they do... But Fawaz has always been pretty fan-centric in his approach to the Derby-Forest relationship and I would imagine since he's retaining a stake in the club he'd probably want to stay on the fans' side?

What do you think Uncle Mel would do if Forest offered £20m for Hughes? Or £5m for Keogh? Or £10m for Ince?

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm sure they do... But Fawaz has always been pretty fan-centric in his approach to the Derby-Forest relationship and I would imagine since he's retaining a stake in the club he'd probably want to stay on the fans' side?

What do you think Uncle Mel would do if Forest offered £20m for Hughes? Or £5m for Keogh? Or £10m for Ince?

I would ask them for cash up front due to Fawaz's history of late, missed and non-payments. I would then watch as he walked out empty handed.

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Laugh.

Consider it, the laugh.

Laugh very hard.

Set Sam Rush to goatie-con 3.

We'd sell em Blackman for £5m, Shackell for £10m and pick up their good players as make weights.

LTLF would convince themselves forest got the better deal.

My 2 peneth worth, either this is DCFC PR showing we are after what people generally see as a high profile target. They know Forest would sell him to anyone other than us, but hey, it shows we are serious players.

Second scenario, player and agent and Derby representatives have agreed a deal, said agents are confident of forcing Forests hands into sanctioning the deal.

But what do I know?

23 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

You're right, but I'm pretty positive that lovely relationship Fawaz had with the fans is loonnnggggg gone now.

Mel would sell if they offered a deal we'd be daft to turn down. He's a business man. 

2 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

excellent and valid  point pertaining  odds   Gary Rowett was  1 /3  on for Hull vacancy  :)

That's 50p I'll never get back.

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Really?

What makes you say that? I haven't read the press conference btw.

He still interested in Lansbury. That's all. 

Just now, Dcfc10 said:

Why are we even trying to do business with the red dogs wot a waste of time.

Because Mac want Lansbury? Hardly waste of time tbh. 

If Lansbury has told Forest he wont be playing for them next season then they will be daft not to accept a bid. If Lansbury has decided he wants to play for the mighty Rams then any other offer is immaterial. Lansbury could just see out his contract and leave them with nothing at the end of this season or they could bank up to £3m. It would be their choice.

The thing is though DEL, Fawaz will be loving the power trip, having the final word where the player goes.

Someone at the club should be telling Lansbury's agent to tell him how much we'd like to sign him, invite his agent to check out our facilities even, show him what his clients working conditions would be like but make no mistake, we ain't gonna be effed about by that eejit down the road, we can't appear to go begging to him, it's a self respect thing.

Archived