Just Eat

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be nice to give shirt sponsorship over to a charity for a season. But not one of your huge leviathan charities that are all top heavy with managers and company cars and wasting cash all over the place (I've worked for one such) but a small local charity.

Invite local charities to apply, put forward their cases and the best 20 odd selected get to collect, promote and sell their good work to Rams fans at each of the home games next season.

After the season has finished, Rams fans along with a selection panel from the club pick out the local charity most deserving and thus they get the shirt sponsorship deal.

Ok so it wouldn't bring any money in for a year but it would do good, give Derby some great publicity and it would get local charities and the public (rams fans ) coming together.

2 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Be nice to give shirt sponsorship over to a charity for a season. But not one of your huge leviathan charities that are all top heavy with managers and company cars and wasting cash all over the place (I've worked for one such) but a small local charity.

Invite local charities to apply, put forward their cases and the best 20 odd selected get to collect, promote and sell their good work to Rams fans at each of the home games next season.

After the season has finished, Rams fans along with a selection panel from the club pick out the local charity most deserving and thus they get the shirt sponsorship deal.

Ok so it wouldn't bring any money in for a year but it would do good, give Derby some great publicity and it would get local charities and the public (rams fans ) coming together.

i like this idea but in practise it will never happen. Practically everything about our club is sponsored by some company or another, it doesn't exactly give the impression we can afford to give up a season or two of main shirt sponsorship. 

Saying that, we do have a couple of other sponsors on the kit (back and shorts?), they could be given up for a charity?

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

i like this idea but in practise it will never happen. Practically everything about our club is sponsored by some company or another, it doesn't exactly give the impression we can afford to give up a season or two of main shirt sponsorship. 

Saying that, we do have a couple of other sponsors on the kit (back and shorts?), they could be given up for a charity?

Nice idea that Mr Dave. Yes perhaps a small logo on the shirts or back of shirt or even sleeve plus maybe free pages in the match day programme for the winning charity to have and extra exposure and collecting opportunities maybe throughout the season?

7 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Nice idea that Mr Dave. Yes perhaps a small logo on the shirts or back of shirt or even sleeve plus maybe free pages in the match day programme for the winning charity to have and extra exposure and collecting opportunities maybe throughout the season?

Smashed it! 

When's the next supporters group get together thing with Uncle Mel? :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Does anyone know how much we charge companies to become our shirt sponsor?

This wiki page has some clues. It lists Premier League shirt sponsor details. Given a few of those clubs would have struck deals whilst in the Championship, it indicates the figure would be somewhere between £0.5m and £1.5m per year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_sponsorship#Summary_of_shirt_sponsorship_deals

On 15/12/2016 at 16:10, coneheadjohn said:

I like Just Eat simply because saturday is takeaway night and with football it sort of flows.

In terms of Derby I just want the best deal really for the club,an ethical sponsor would be great but probably not realistic.

A sponsor appropriate to supporting Derby such as a defibrillator manufacturer or incontinence pants would be perfect.

We had an incontinence pant company interested, but they wouldn't budge from a Tena a year.

53 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

We had an incontinence pant company interested, but they wouldn't budge from a Tena a year.

Glynbourne were interested when they thought that we were going for a song, but wouldn't go beyond a tenor.

Archived