Vydra....

DerbyRam!

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dream on sucker.

We're certainly played with a much better style of football recently, and we're certainly not far off being able to use vydra properly IMO. That being said, bent MUST play this weekend, it's going to be a physical battle, and he's far more suited to it than vydra

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see it as an either/or situation.

Nothing I've seen of Vydra makes me think he couldn't perform Russell or Inces role with Martin up top.

Equally I wouldn't be unhappy if he played the central role either.

It would only strengthen our squad to have Martin back, it wouldn't necessarily mean the end of Vydra, just more competition for a place.

Players can learn to hold up the ball, the special thing about Martin was his touch and lay off but that is something we could adapt to live without. 

Vydra, Bent, Weiman and Blackman can all run the channels to create space and also make intelligent runs onto good balls in behind by Hughes, butters, Johnson and Throne (when back). I think Mac wants to get past using Martin as he could be figured out eventually by being shielded by a defensive midfielder 

I think with a more Dyanmic frontman (like the 4 named above) we can be a more fluid attacking side. 

I can't help but like him. He looks so quick with his feet and to turn and to play one-twos's .. I also like the way that he is intelligent enough at the end of games to take it in to the corner and play the game out. This is an intelligent footballer.

i am glad he got a couple under Pearson otherwise we'd all be panicking that he might not be able to cut it. .. For me he's a nailed on winner .. Just needs a few starts in Mac2 and we will see it happen. But can we drop Deadly Daz who has done so well ? 

Dare we try him in the Russell role as other suggest .. I'd like to see it but doubt it will happen

40 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I don't see it as an either/or situation.

Nothing I've seen of Vydra makes me think he couldn't perform Russell or Inces role with Martin up top.

Equally I wouldn't be unhappy if he played the central role either.

It would only strengthen our squad to have Martin back, it wouldn't necessarily mean the end of Vydra, just more competition for a place.

Exactly, what's the argument about.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

We're certainly played with a much better style of football recently, and we're certainly not far off being able to use vydra properly IMO. That being said, bent MUST play this weekend, it's going to be a physical battle, and he's far more suited to it than vydra

Good point. The gumps will aim to put us off, target the young lads and get in our faces. Dazza will not be intimidated and will chase down their defenders.

This is Benty's game for me. He could well be the difference between the sides.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he play on the left during his Watford days? Deeney up front and Ighalo on the right? That's how I remember it. Biggest difference to our current tactic would be that they weren't as playing as strictly their position as our forwards do.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Good point. The gumps will aim to put us off, target the young lads and get in our faces. Dazza will not be intimidated and will chase down their defenders.

This is Benty's game for me. He could well be the difference between the sides.

Bent will make a mockery of their centre backs.

Forest are that wide open, he is likely to get a bagful with the sharp form he is in. Too much of a high calibre for those red shirted jokers.

• 3 months later...

Archived