Players you forgot they played for us

rynny

43 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Justin Phillips - one of our youth players who looked woeful when he played a few games the season we got relegated under Maxwell. We released him and he became a milkman.  Did score a top flight goal against Southampton when we beat them 6-2. Mick Harford also two footed someone and then had him round the throat when he reacted...

Can't remember his reserves centre half partner who was equally as bad... Will something.

Also, there was a ginger winger who looked ok.  Went on to play for us again as an extra in The Damned United... Nick someone?

I'm starting to sound like me Dad!

There was a youth called Will Davis who once played for us. Never took off and went to Matlock Town.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

Justin Phillips - one of our youth players who looked woeful when he played a few games the season we got relegated under Maxwell. We released him and he became a milkman.  Did score a top flight goal against Southampton when we beat them 6-2. Mick Harford also two footed someone and then had him round the throat when he reacted...

Can't remember his reserves centre half partner who was equally as bad... Will something.

Also, there was a ginger winger who looked ok.  Went on to play for us again as an extra in The Damned United... Nick someone?

I'm starting to sound like me Dad!

Looking at the team from that game Phillips started at CB with Mark Wright.  He did get taken off though with Jason Kavanagh coming on as sub.

I didn't think Wayne Sutton ever played in the league for the first team.

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Looking at the team from that game Phillips started at CB with Mark Wright.  He did get taken off though with Jason Kavanagh coming on as sub.

I didn't think Wayne Sutton ever played in the league for the first team.

There were so many that had pretty dreadful cameos during the relegation season under Maxwell's ownership. It was a real **** sandwich that year. 

Tell you what though, one of the highlights Micky Harford ... what a player, what a hard case.

19 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

Scored a lovely goal v Chelsea in one of our very early televised games, Gregory's was better of course.

I love the 'total football' we played for that 1st goal haha

Reading this thread reminded me about the missing DET match reports, they've been gone a few years now, anyone know if they're available anywhere? Used to be Therams.co.uk

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Mark Fotheringham.

Patrick Kisnorbo.

Michael Hoganson. 

Enjoyable..but a real mixed bag of names in this thread. 

For me these above are more in the category of 'I never realised they played for us'..(possibly under the sub-section 'Who the hell is...')

Miller, Claude, Earnshaw, Holdsworth ..belong in the 'I wish I could forget they played for us... ' category.

Loanees and youth players who never  really got a chance belong in the 'Blink and you missed them' category.

To be truly 'forgettable' I think you need to be thinking...'ha, almost forgot he played for us..what, he played how many flipping games?? (10+ at least to be truly forgettable! ).

Bob Malcolm..Bisgaard...they fit the bill for me! 

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:
23 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Patrick Kisnorbo.

Good mate of mine. My missus and I used to knock about with he and his when we lived in Leicester, actually phoned me to let me know he was trialling for Derby at the time. I was shocked! Felt we missed out on Pad ... good warrior, and a thoroughly decent bloke.

10 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Bob Malcolm..Bisgaard...

Malcolm showed incredible promise at the very beginnings of his Derby career ... had one of the best Derby debuts on record v Wolves in our last promotion season, then inexplicably fell away.

Bisgaard? Classy player in my book. Did well for us.

Archived