Players you forgot they played for us

rynny

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

I do....he used to hug the left touchline. And that was about it. Not one of Billy's better signings. 

Was actually a very skilful, tricky player, but ultimately, a bit of a mard arse and a loser. Should have played at the highest level, but had a crap attitude, and ended up in the lower divisions for just about every lesser club in London.

I was thinking last night that it is easy at times to forget that players like Fozzy and GT aren't in the reckoning as well as Cyrus. Then there's also Martin. Isn't t it nice to be playing that well that we are not dwelling on injured/unavailable players. If we were struggling we would be cursing the fact that these players weren't playing and potentially rushing them back. Long may it continue. 

On 9 December 2016 at 05:48, Monkeytennis12345 said:

I think Stapleton's only goal for us was against Southampton, in '88. We won as well (Which was a bit of a rarity in that season !)

Stapleton and Dave Watson are pretty good shouts. Stapleton was about finished wasn't he? 87-88 season?

49 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Marco Riech?? I absolutely loved him. I think in my time watching the Rams only the Remy one is the one I can't remember. Must be sad. 

Excellent player. Burst onto the scene under Burley, and ultimately fell away. Funnily enough, a few of my Palace supporting mates absolutely hero worship the guy!!

11 hours ago, PGApro said:

Glyn Hodges

Steve Hodge

Gordon Cowans

David Preece RIP

All four, excellent midfield players. Sid Cowans, although just about finished when he joined us, was still a classy maestro.

2 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Excellent player. Burst onto the scene under Burley, and ultimately fell away. Funnily enough, a few of my Palace supporting mates absolutely hero worship the guy!!

All four, excellent midfield players. Sid Cowans, although just about finishes when he joined us, was still a classy maestro.

Was it during our promotion season? Truly a pin up for our female fans. 

11 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Must correct myself. Just before our promotion season. 

We actually barely avoided the drop into the third tier in Burley's first half season, Reich was part of the reason we managed to survive. Added a spark. Then the season after we finished fourth. Built a decent little side did George Burley.

18 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

We actually barely avoided the drop into the third tier in Burley's first half season, Reich was part of the reason we managed to survive. Added a spark. Then the season after we finished fourth. Built a decent little side did George Burley.

Sorry I was actually referring to when Cowans played for us. 

Archived