Happy

wixman1884

This is probably the most I've enjoyed following Derby since 13/14. Probably because after our horrendous start under nasty Nigel, we've shaken off some of the burden of over expectation and most people had written us off quite early on. To be where we are now, after the start we had, is nothing short of incredible. Steve McClaren has managed to claw us back into a play-off battle that seemed like a pipe dream a few months ago. Some people were even settling for relegation under Pearson, seeing it as a necessary step in clearing out the deadwood and that it would (somehow) deliver long term benefits. Utter toss.

For me this as good as it's been in a long time - to be in the ascendancy after a pretty awful start, and to be shutting up all the doubters after we've been completely written off. I enjoyed it last time, and I'm going to make sure that I enjoy it now because short of promotion, this is as good as it gets really. We're not going to be winning the champion's league any time soon, so racing up the league with flair, positivity and momentum is something I'll be certain to cherish. 

I'm stating the obvious here to most, but I still see an unjust amount of criticism from some fans. Maybe I need to just turn off Radio Derby, or stop reading Facebook comments, but some people somehow refuse to enjoy supporting this club.

Will we get promoted this season? Maybe, maybe not. Probably not. But if you're saving all your happiness/praise/celebration for Promotion, Silverware and Europe - you'll probably have a much better time with a different team and/or sport.

Rant over. UTR.

Shameless repost of McClaren photoshop:

MAC2.jpg.af09f506d6500a88e9e79b5456ea75a5.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Great post wixman. Only concern is your banner photo! Not sure the addition of Mr Martin would help or hinder our current form! 

Good call mate. I'm now feeling fairly ambivalent about Martin potentially returning, which is a testament to how fantastic Bent's been the last few weeks.

Because of this I've switched to a (somehow unphotoshopped) unflattering photo of McClaren.

Its as if the last eighteen months didn't happen ... Mac's return couldn't really have gone much better. Very similar scenario to Mac #1 ... takes charge of a faltering side, and from there, we very narrowly missed out.

Hey, why all this 'writing off' of the automatic places? Its all to play for. No one has ever been handed a championship trophy in November. Nothing to say that Newcastle won't shank it. You're only as good as your last performance and result, and as I understand it, theirs wasn't anything to shout about.

Lets keep going the way we are going. A few minor tweaks required to push on, but there is no reason at all why we can't be right up there based on the last few weeks. 

We are right back in this race.

I am more than happy. I am going to the ground now wondering how well we are going to play and will it be an exciting game.

Under Pearspn I was silently praying that it'll come together today ....and it never did. 

I think play offs are a realistic goal and if someone messes up then the second auto looks an unlikely but outside chance.

I HAD been worrying about the table, the lack of goals, the way we weren't playing as a TEAM

NOW I am having all those nice fan thoughts like : 

1) will be beat Forest .. Just because it's nice to

2) when will Vydra get a chance to have a storming game for his own self confidence. He will, but when.

3) loving seeing Darren Bent prove that he isn't a has been 

4) the return of Bradley in to the buccaneer strongman he was for his first few games under PC

5) Jacob Butterfield finding a comfortable role in midfield which he now has

6) celebrating the coming of age of Max Lowe in to a quality first team player

7) knowing we have George on the mend but have the time not to rush 

8) Thinking .... Maybe today Will will get a goal because he has done everything else on the pitch recently that he deserves one.

9) knowing that whatever team turns up they are scared witless over what Tom Ince might do

10) watching Keogh / Pearce looking so assured .. No panics, no rushing .. Great Centre backs working together. And knowing we have Shacks on the bench if there is an injury.

11) discovering that Chris Baird is a decent footballer in his preferred position.

11 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Good call mate. I'm now feeling fairly ambivalent about Martin potentially returning, which is a testament to how fantastic Bent's been the last few weeks.

Because of this I've switched to a (somehow unphotoshopped) unflattering photo of McClaren.

He looks like he's just let one rip.:D

22 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Not sure how many flattering photos there are of Mr M! Looks like he's about to explode, auditioning for next in the Alien franchise

10 hours ago, jono said:

I am more than happy. I am going to the ground now wondering how well we are going to play and will it be an exciting game.

Under Pearspn I was silently praying that it'll come together today ....and it never did. 

I think play offs are a realistic goal and if someone messes up then the second auto looks an unlikely but outside chance.

I HAD been worrying about the table, the lack of goals, the way we weren't playing as a TEAM

2) when will Vydra get a chance to have a storming game for his own self confidence. He will, but when.

4) the return of Bradley in to the buccaneer strongman he was for his first few games under PC

8) Thinking .... Maybe today Will will get a goal because he has done everything else on the pitch recently that he deserves one.

9) knowing that whatever team turns up they are scared witless over what Tom Ince might do

10) watching Keogh / Pearce looking so assured .. No panics, no rushing .. Great Centre backs working together. And knowing we have Shacks on the bench if there is an injury.

11) discovering that Chris Baird is a decent footballer in his preferred position.

Great post jono.....all those positives. Quite glad Wigan won Monday, better test for us! 

3 hours ago, SKRam said:

Great post jono.....all those positives. Quite glad Wigan won Monday, better test for us!

Not so much a better test , more a case of we need to be on our toes and not thinking we only have to turn up to win

On 30 November 2016 at 16:06, jono said:

Good post mate. You have a like from me for this one. 

Just now, clarkeram7 said:

Completely agree with the expectations, just a shame Newcastle and Brighton have stormed so far ahead. 

They'll drop points between now to end of the season and we'll need to keep picking up points then who knows what will happen there... Automatic Promotion place isn't over yet. 

On 30/11/2016 at 16:06, jono said:

Good post @jono. It's just nice to be back having enjoyable football and a good chance of winning any game we play :lol:

On 30/11/2016 at 12:19, B4ev6is said:

If we can keep playing like this for rest of the season. We could yet gain promation eathier through the play offs or automaticly. But right now our lads mind place is good right now.

Don't forget the FA cup mate!

Archived