Happy

wixman1884

21 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Good post @jono. It's just nice to be back having enjoyable football and a good chance of winning any game we play :lol:

And that's it isn't it ...  Everything else in the longer term is dreams and part of the roller coaster of being a fan.

We just don't want to trudge to every game hoping it won't be too bad, that isn't much of a hobby, pass time or pleasure. 

"The beatings will continue until moral improves" :D isn't really my kind of ethic 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jono said:

And that's it isn't it ...  Everything else in the longer term is dreams and part of the roller coaster of being a fan.

We just don't want to trudge to every game hoping it won't be too bad, that isn't much of a hobby, pass time or pleasure. 

"The beatings will continue until moral improves" :D isn't really my kind of ethic 

Exactly.  I think of it like this watching good competitive football makes up the cake, it's nice and I'll be content with it. Everything else like promotions, premiership football and potentially european football is the icing on said cake. That something extra that makes the cake something that bit better. However if your cake is made of poo, then it doesn't matter how much icing you put on it :lol:

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Exactly.  I think of it like this watching good competitive football makes up the cake, it's nice and I'll be content with it. Everything else like promotions, premiership football and potentially european football is the icing on said cake. That something extra that makes the cake something that bit better. However if your cake is made of poo, then it doesn't matter how much icing you put on it :lol:

I'd even go as far as to say I'd rather finish 7th playing like we are now to finishing 2nd playing how Pearson had us set up (as impossible as that is to imagine). Enjoying the games and the season itself is much more important than thin bragging rights and brief moments of celebration. 

On 11/30/2016 at 04:14, wixman1884 said:

Good call mate. I'm now feeling fairly ambivalent about Martin potentially returning, which is a testament to how fantastic Bent's been the last few weeks.

Because of this I've switched to a (somehow unphotoshopped) unflattering photo of McClaren.

Relax Mr Martin will NOT return

FA Cup puts you in Europe? 

I will die happy if I can just see proper European nights at Derby. 

I want to travel to Slovakia for a Tuesday night game. It doesn't get more interesting than that. Seriously, it would be great to travel like that

7 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Dont think you need to be ITK to realise this.

loan deals are done deals in all but name. get now.. pay a fee.... when loan is over pay more for the permanent deal

Like we did with Nathan Ellington?

41 minutes ago, Alpha said:

FA Cup puts you in Europe? 

I will die happy if I can just see proper European nights at Derby. 

I want to travel to Slovakia for a Tuesday night game. It doesn't get more interesting than that. Seriously, it would be great to travel like that

I bet Hull fans thought that though when they played European football a few years ago and the proceeded to play weakened teams and not take it seriously and bomb out.

That epitomised the state of football for me. I think they drew some lowly Belgian side maybe Lokeren and couldn't beat them.

Teams spend all season trying to get into Europe then when they do they don't give I their all.

I recall Bolton about 10 years ago. Struggling at the foot of the Prem but in Europe and away in Portugal somewhere. They just chucked it in because league survival mattered more. Also didn't Martin O'Neill do similar at Villa? Played a load of reserves away at a Russian club because the league was far more important.

Give me Wigan anyday or Birmingham or even Leicester. The former two won cups, played in Europe and got relegated but also enjoyed seasons in the Prem. Leicester could go down this season but Champions League, League Title, having played prem football. Relegation is fine by me if I was a Leicester fan. The experience of a lifetime has already been had.

If Derby ever did get into Europe and took it lightly then I'd never forgive them. Never.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I bet Hull fans thought that though when they played European football a few years ago and the proceeded to play weakened teams and not take it seriously and bomb out.

That epitomised the state of football for me. I think they drew some lowly Belgian side maybe Lokeren and couldn't beat them.

Teams spend all season trying to get into Europe then when they do they don't give I their all.

I recall Bolton about 10 years ago. Struggling at the foot of the Prem but in Europe and away in Portugal somewhere. They just chucked it in because league survival mattered more. Also didn't Martin O'Neill do similar at Villa? Played a load of reserves away at a Russian club because the league was far more important.

Give me Wigan anyday or Birmingham or even Leicester. The former two won cups, played in Europe and got relegated but also enjoyed seasons in the Prem. Leicester could go down this season but Champions League, League Title, having played prem football. Relegation is fine by me if I was a Leicester fan. The experience of a lifetime has already been had.

If Derby ever did get into Europe and took it lightly then I'd never forgive them. Never.

Unless we get Finn Harps again. Give em a chance this time. 

Knowing our luck, we'd get Rhyl or Cowdenbeath etc.

Archived