Chris Baird 16/17

Nuwtfly

41 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I don't think we have ever doubted his defensive qualities. After all he still plays internationally and played a lot of games in the premiership. 

I think a lot of Derby fans did not like the backwards passing or the fact he didn't bomb down the wing so to speak. Least McLaren has the right idea and use Lowe for attacking intent. Was the same with Wisdom when McLaren was last here.

I think he has retired internationally now but always excellent cover at centre back and right back and very useful in the air which you need in the championship but we cannot expect much going forward, altough he does cross early ( unlike Christie) if someone would care to realise it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I don't think we have ever doubted his defensive qualities. After all he still plays internationally and played a lot of games in the premiership. 

I think a lot of Derby fans did not like the backwards passing or the fact he didn't bomb down the wing so to speak. Least McLaren has the right idea and use Lowe for attacking intent. Was the same with Wisdom when McLaren was last here.

There was, as I recall, an incident in one of the home games earlier this season when the crowd got on Chris Baird's back after a particularly drawn out spell of side to side and backward passing. I did wonder whether... One would imagine that Chris Baird is a solid professional who does what the manager asks - could it be that he was following instructions and the reaction to the crowd was partly frustration with carrying out what he also thought was a poor game plan.

I have only seen Chris Baird play at home when he has started games but he seems to have much more attacking intent than when playing under NP. There does seem to be an issue whereby most of out attacks seem to go down the other side and few of our players actually look for his runs.

In the Norwich game I thought he showed some great attacking intent.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think he has retired internationally now but always excellent cover at centre back and right back and very useful in the air which you need in the championship but we cannot expect much going forward, altough he does cross early ( unlike Christie) if someone would care to realise it.

Yes you are right this summer 2016 he retired didn't even realize. Becoming Mr Reliable just hope he doesn't do any more V signs to the East Stand lol.

2 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

There was, as I recall, an incident in one of the home games earlier this season when the crowd got on Chris Baird's back after a particularly drawn out spell of side to side and backward passing. I did wonder whether... One would imagine that Chris Baird is a solid professional who does what the manager asks - could it be that he was following instructions and the reaction to the crowd was partly frustration with carrying out what he also thought was a poor game plan.

I have only seen Chris Baird play at home when he has started games but he seems to have much more attacking intent than when playing under NP. There does seem to be an issue whereby most of out attacks seem to go down the other side and few of our players actually look for his runs.

In the Norwich game I thought he showed some great attacking intent.

Was thinking the same the whole team was doing the same but Baird was picked out for criticism I think a lot of fans already made up there mind. I didn't see the obsession to be fair.

I loved against Norwich when he actually got forward vs them I remember him doing something really good just can't remember what!? (To early in the morning to remember :( )

6 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I loved against Norwich when he actually got forward vs them I remember him doing something really good just can't remember what!? (To early in the morning to remember :( )

He won the ball and played a beautiful weighted pass over the Norwich defence that put Ince through on goal (albeit over to one side).

On 11/27/2016 at 11:11, Paul71 said:

Ive heard @B4ev6is is having bairds name put on the back of his shirt.

As a side note I feel pretty bad for those who bought the sexy turquoise shirts and had Vydra put on their back. Was behind a fella with one on last match ... Dude doesn't even play ... shop should replace the name or free :) 

Archived