The Grand Tour

oldtimeram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too - absolutely brilliant.

Amazon Prime is definitely worth the £79 as far as I'm concerned (free delivery on all the stuff I order from Amazon too).

Not on Amazon Prime but found a perfect download of it on Friday afternoon.  Loved it, other than the Celebrity Brainsmash bit. I can see why they did it, but the joke will wear thin pretty quickly.  One things for sure, if I ever come into a decent amount of money I'm ordering a M2 straight away!!!

Second episode is awful.  There's a big VT in the middle of it that only seems to exist so the three of them could fire a lot of automatic weapons and blow stuff up, simply because they have the budget & permission to do so from Amazon.

I love the three of them but it was really disappointing.  They're at the best when they're on a challenge, not trying to act in a comedy skit...

The proliferation of middle aged men bragging about their cars and expounding bigoted world views is the very reason I now tend to avoid pubs.

However I am aware that people with the initials JC tend to get lots of followers and so am prepared to be tolerant.

56 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Second episode is awful.  There's a big VT in the middle of it that only seems to exist so the three of them could fire a lot of automatic weapons and blow stuff up, simply because they have the budget & permission to do so from Amazon.

I love the three of them but it was really disappointing.  They're at the best when they're on a challenge, not trying to act in a comedy skit...

Not awful for me. The Jacob Zuma piss-taking was solid. The VT you're on about had some funny moments and Clarkson stuck in the window had me properly laughing. It's Top Gear with a big budget. It'll improve as they refine it too.

35 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The proliferation of middle aged men bragging about their cars and expounding bigoted world views is the very reason I now tend to avoid pubs.

However I am aware that people with the initials JC tend to get lots of followers and so am prepared to be tolerant.

For all their flaws.

14 minutes ago, needles said:

Not awful for me. The Jacob Zuma piss-taking was solid. The VT you're on about had some funny moments and Clarkson stuck in the window had me properly laughing. It's Top Gear with a big budget. It'll improve as they refine it too.

I know they'll evolve it, the first few series of TG with them was a bit dull.

Things to scrap are Celebrity Brain Smash, cus it isn't funny, and The American, cus he's clearly a Trump supporter...

Second episode was a bit random. I enjoyed it but there didn't really seem to be a plan apart from "lets piss about in this facility with a load of guns".

I am interested to see what they can put together over the series now they have a bit more freedom, I just hope that given that freedom they don't forget what made them successful in the first place and swan off making something that doesn't make any sense.

Archived